Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Results for July 2016

More
05 Aug 2016 09:03 - 05 Aug 2016 09:22 #1 by JohnH (John)
All votes have been tallied and here are the final results for this month's prize - generously donated by Aquatic Village:
First placed is

Entry #20

Second is
Entry #07:

Third
Entry #19:

Joint fourth:
Entry #08:

Entry #01

Entry #15:

Now, since the person who sent in #20 has already told me he doesn't want the prize as he only enters for the fun of it the Shrimp tank set-up goes to pic #07.
I'm delighted to be the first to congratulate one of our youngest members - Roisin (sorry - my keyboard doesn't seem to have the accents on it) for winning!

So, Ger's Catappa leaves can now be claimed by Dave000000 for pic #19.

A great round - a nice amount of entries (great to see) and a very good (not to mention valuable) prize from Aquatic Village.

Thanks to all who entered and voted, it really is appreciated - and, of course, thanks to Ian for making the prize available in the first place.

This thread will now be unlocked to allow for comments and observations.

Watch out for the next Round - starting later on today.

John

ps - If Roisin (still no accent) or her dad, Bill can liaise with me we can arrange a convenient place, date and time for a meet to pass on this prize as I still have it here but will be happy to fetch it to Dublin to hand it over.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2016 09:22 by JohnH (John). Reason: Edited

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2016 09:27 #2 by robert (robert carter)
Congrats to the winners , on the whole a very high standard of pictures , lets hope as many people enter next month

More
05 Aug 2016 09:33 - 05 Aug 2016 09:33 #3 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
Well done Róisín! Second place. That's the first time she's ever done anything like that :cool:
Bill
Last edit: 05 Aug 2016 09:33 by Bill (Bill Hunter).

More
05 Aug 2016 09:41 #4 by wildlifebiology93 (Sean O'Sullivan)
Congratulations everyone and well done Roisin.
You will have to take her to Seahorse now Bill to buy some inhabitants for her prize :laugh: :laugh:

More
05 Aug 2016 09:46 #5 by dave000000 (D H)
Congratulations Roisin.

#19 is not my pic :)

More
05 Aug 2016 09:51 - 05 Aug 2016 10:03 #6 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Results for July 2016
Oops,
I'm glad someone spotted my "deliberate" mistake...

Truly sorry for the mix-up.

#19 was actually submitted by JP85.

I'm off now to sit in the corner...

John

ITFS member.

Last edit: 05 Aug 2016 10:03 by JohnH (John). Reason: corrected mistake

More
05 Aug 2016 10:08 #7 by Roisin (Roisin Hunter)
Thank you everyone who voted for me. I am very excited to have won. And a special thank you to Aquatic Village for donating the prize. I can't wait to start putting fish in it,
Roisin

More
05 Aug 2016 10:24 #8 by paulv (paul vickers)
Well done Raisin and everyone that entered made it a great round.

More
05 Aug 2016 10:39 #9 by helix8008 (Tomas Novak)
Well done and congrats! Very nice photos!

Tom

More
05 Aug 2016 12:46 #10 by Bill (Bill Hunter)

ps - If Roisin (still no accent) or her dad, Bill can liaise with me we can arrange a convenient place, date and time for a meet to pass on this prize as I still have it here but will be happy to fetch it to Dublin to hand it over.

PM sent, John, I need to check when wife is free, most likely a mid-week day.
Bill

More
05 Aug 2016 12:58 #11 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Roisin , if it were me i would set the tank up with shrimp , i love watching them going about their bussiness , but that just my opinion . Well done anyway great photo . Robert

More
05 Aug 2016 13:16 #12 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
:laugh: She's already been quizzing me about doing that, Robert. I think she's quite keen on trying shrimp.
Bill

More
05 Aug 2016 13:31 #13 by robert (robert carter)
Ian in aquatic village now has a great range of shrimps . I started with cherry reds as easy to keep and breed like rabbits but faster , now have a few crystal reds as well all doing good

More
08 Aug 2016 23:32 #14 by ger310 (Ger .)

Oops,
I'm glad someone spotted my "deliberate" mistake...

Truly sorry for the mix-up.

#19 was actually submitted by JP85.

I'm off now to sit in the corner...

John

Any word from JP85 John?

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
08 Aug 2016 23:44 #15 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Results for July 2016
Not a word (to me, anyway). I don't think that member has logged-on since - might be on holiday, perhaps?

John

ITFS member.

More
09 Aug 2016 00:09 #16 by ger310 (Ger .)

Not a word (to me, anyway). I don't think that member has logged-on since - might be on holiday, perhaps?

John

Yeh maybe so,it's the time of year when so many do take there holiers so that could be it.

I've being that long putting these same leaves up as a prize I had better check they are not gone damp down in the shed lol

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds