Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Advise needed on marine lights for a 100L setuphi

More
20 Nov 2014 19:10 #1 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Hi all,

Been off here for awhile and hoping to get some advice.

I'm in the process of starting a 100l marine setup.

Tank is an aquanano 60 but the led unit that comes with it is for a planted tank. I was looking at some marine led units but have no idea what size wattage etc I'll need.

I will be adding corals etc so any advise would be great

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2014 16:30 #2 by Homer (Kevin)
Hi Al, If you are interested, I have quite a few Marine Leds for sale. Tiles, Strips etc. Most brand new.

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
21 Nov 2014 19:34 #3 by alkiely (alan kiely)
What have you got...?

Not sure on what I need for the 100l set up. Reading a lot of mixed things online

More
22 Nov 2014 08:37 #4 by Homer (Kevin)
Fluval Sea LEDs, TMC Aquaray marine led,
TMC Aquaray aquabeam marine 600 strip LEDs, twin type, everything bar the Tile is new, the Tile was used for a few months.

Kev.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
22 Nov 2014 14:28 #5 by alkiely (alan kiely)
What are the prices...?

Interested in the aquaray aquabeam twin unit

More
22 Nov 2014 15:47 #6 by Homer (Kevin)
Fluval, €100

Tile, 100€

Twin Aquaray €150, never used, was intending to set up Marine and changed my mind.

Kev.

More
23 Nov 2014 10:06 #7 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Would you take €130 and I'll collect them tomorrow

More
23 Nov 2014 13:37 #8 by Homer (Kevin)
140 and they are yours, as I said, they were only switched on to see if they were working when I got them. .
Kev.

More
23 Nov 2014 15:06 #9 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Deal :)

Can you pm me your details and we sort out collection tomorrow

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds