Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Can anyone tell me what this is?

More
23 Nov 2014 08:55 #1 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Ok guys,

I recently found a track through my sand a day after re aqua scaping after a rock fall. After a day when I turned on lights I found this sticking out of one of the rocks.

I've seen him move out of the rock once and his body is roughly 3-4 inches long. The head is approx 5mm wide and tenticles coming from it are brownish white.

If anyone could help id it would appricate it and if I should remove
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2014 20:58 #2 by Kmd (Keith mc donagh)
Hi Shane. I have no idea what that is. But it looks like it's waiting for something to swim by and ambush it. I'd get rid of it before it gets bigger. Have you checked with rafa or Charles?

More
24 Nov 2014 22:01 #3 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Charles said it could be a bobbit worm. He said it shoukd be grand to stay in the tank for the time being. My misses just doesn't like him lol. He hasn't attacked anything yet but from his head it does just have 5 feelers like bobbits shou k d it's more like about 12. It's in a large rock on the bottom right of my newly constructed arch so don't really wanna remove the rock to get him.

Charles said he would lone me a seasoned trap to try and get him.

More
24 Nov 2014 22:15 #4 by Kmd (Keith mc donagh)
I'd try the trap first. Or see if it will come out if you put food in front of it, and get it.

More
24 Nov 2014 22:20 #5 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
That's the plan for now. Hopefully the trap will work.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds