Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Juwel Light Problem

More
03 Oct 2015 19:22 #1 by Tommyk (Tommy Kearney)
Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody had any problems with Juwel lights
I Have a Trigon 350 and the front set of lights have started turning off and on, They may come on for a minute or less and then off for up to 30 minutes.

was hoping somebody may have a fix for this

Thanks

Tommy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2015 21:44 #2 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Sounds like the starter is going try move the bulb slightly it worked for me on the 190

Something fishie going on here

More
29 Oct 2015 22:38 #3 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
Also remove the light unit including unplugging it and tilt it from side to side listening for water inside.

More
26 Jan 2016 21:49 - 26 Jan 2016 22:32 #4 by wylam (Stuart Sexton)
Juwel light units are a head ache. I've always found it to be one of two things.

1. The ballast has blown,this means removing the old ballast and replacing it. About 30euro and an hours work.

2. The contacts that pick up the pins at each end of the bulb have separated slightly and when they heat up they lose connection and the bulb turns off. Plug the unit out and get a small screw driver into the contacts and close the gap a bit.

The fact that you say it's the front bulb is giving problems would suggest it's a contact problem, if it was the ballast there would be no lights .

Stuart.

Multi tasking: Screwing up more than one thing at a time.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 22:32 by wylam (Stuart Sexton). Reason: I can't spell

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds