Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hello

More
28 Jul 2014 23:50 #1 by freem (mark freeman)
Hello was created by freem (mark freeman)
hi, my name is mark and i'm living in west wicklow
I am after getting back into fishkeeping after a 12 year absence. I currently have a planted 90L with a trio of bn, a handful of swordtails, endlers and Platys along with an ever expanding army of red cherry shrimp

i have since picked up a 120L and plan to have it much the same, fairly heavily planted with large bog oak centerpiece - just need to make up a stand and pick up another heater, filter etc.
i was thinking of a couple of different types of corys and some blue tetras (i had a failed attempt to breed these before and would like to give them another go)

thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2014 09:03 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Hello
Welcome back to the hobby Mark - and also to the Forum.
Don't be surprised if members ask you to post pictures of your tank set up - they almost seem obsessed with them here.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
30 Jul 2014 09:54 #3 by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella)
Replied by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella) on topic Hello
Welcome to the forum and like John said we do like pictures on this forum. My tank setup is similar to yours would you mind posting pictures as it would be nice to see how someone else went about it. :P

More
30 Jul 2014 10:55 #4 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
Replied by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire) on topic Hello
welcome!

More
30 Jul 2014 11:00 #5 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Replied by hammie (Neil Hammerton) on topic Hello
Mark

Welcome back to the hobby (obsession)
Pics are a must round here cause none of us have an imagination lol
Seriously tho, we do love pics

Enjoy setting up the new tank

More
30 Jul 2014 12:09 #6 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Replied by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers) on topic Hello
Welcome, enjoy, share especially pics ;-)

More
30 Jul 2014 12:54 #7 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic Hello
Welcome back to the hobby Mark.........Why not start a thread on your new set up,starting with your stand build?

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
30 Jul 2014 16:45 #8 by theresa. (Theresa O Brien)
Replied by theresa. (Theresa O Brien) on topic Hello
Welcome back Mark, Hope you have fun with the fish

More
02 Aug 2014 14:28 #9 by freem (mark freeman)
Replied by freem (mark freeman) on topic Hello
thanks for the welcome everyone,

sorry to disappoint, but my stand will be more for function than looks, so i don't think it will be anything to write home about - i have a few lenghts of 6x2 here that will probably get used for it, i reckon about 36" high with space for a 90L grow out tank under it for a later date

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds