Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Taiwan F1s

More
18 Oct 2014 20:56 - 20 Oct 2014 11:39 #1 by blade (Michael G)
Taiwan F1s was created by blade (Michael G)
Still a work in progress , its 75l Cube with DIY under gravel filter made with 22mm pvc pipe connected direct to fluval 205 , ADA Amazonia . I Started with 50 Shrimp with good mixture , 5 females carrying eggs at moment , shrimplets should be interesting .

Heres a few pics of them

A few more pics

I will add more soon.

Michael
Last edit: 20 Oct 2014 11:39 by blade (Michael G).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2014 21:58 #2 by flint1 (Ricky McNulty)
Replied by flint1 (Ricky McNulty) on topic Taiwan F1s
Great looking shrimp I'd say you'll get a nice colour mix when the shrimplets hatch :)

Ricky

More
19 Oct 2014 07:22 #3 by paulv (paul vickers)
Replied by paulv (paul vickers) on topic Taiwan F1s
I know very little about shrimp but they are real little beauts. Great pics too.

More
19 Oct 2014 08:55 #4 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Delighted for u . Well done

More
19 Oct 2014 09:08 #5 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
Nice one.
Lokks like there will be a few people with some twb on the forum.
I ve never used an ugf, just wondering if it will turn the amazonia into slush faster than usual.

Anthony

More
19 Oct 2014 14:27 - 20 Oct 2014 11:17 #6 by blade (Michael G)
Replied by blade (Michael G) on topic Taiwan F1s

Nice one.
Lokks like there will be a few people with some twb on the forum.
I ve never used an ugf, just wondering if it will turn the amazonia into slush faster than usual.

Anthony

The ADA wont last as long i read , not that it turns to mush , it loses its ability to keep PH buffered sooner ,but not by much, but its spotless clean all the time , these shrimp are sensitive so it helps , Most breeders use UGF its down to preference i suppose.

Thanks for the nice comments

Michael
Last edit: 20 Oct 2014 11:17 by blade (Michael G).

More
19 Oct 2014 14:29 #7 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey)
Super pix Michael. Sweet shrimp.

Stephen

More
20 Oct 2014 11:40 #8 by blade (Michael G)
I added a few more pics

More
20 Oct 2014 15:41 - 20 Oct 2014 16:18 #9 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey)
Love the pix buddy. Cracking looking young blue bolt and that golden bee is a beauty.

Stephen
Last edit: 20 Oct 2014 16:18 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey).

More
20 Oct 2014 16:45 #10 by blade (Michael G)

Love the pix buddy. Cracking looking young blue bolt and that golden bee is a beauty.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen , This is getting interesting , next month should be good , its like a lucky dip to see what offspring you get :laugh:

More
20 Oct 2014 20:08 #11 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Delighted you are sharing this with us. Inspired in fact

More
21 Oct 2014 08:40 - 21 Oct 2014 08:41 #12 by blade (Michael G)

Delighted you are sharing this with us. Inspired in fact

No probs , Sure why not ? start one up , a small nano will do , Thanks Denis :)
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 08:41 by blade (Michael G).

More
23 Oct 2014 22:44 #13 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
I have three nano s. All shrimp. One cherry one Sakura red and one black shrimp, offspring are blue others like tigers, others black. Dont know exactly what they are but really like them

More
25 Oct 2014 21:10 #14 by blade (Michael G)

I have three nano s. All shrimp. One cherry one Sakura red and one black shrimp, offspring are blue others like tigers, others black. Dont know exactly what they are but really like them

In that case why not , there interesting shrimp , and offspring are a bit of a lucky dip which makes it fun.

Michael

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds