Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Looking for some prices on getting some tanks made

More
26 Jan 2016 14:50 #1 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hi I am planning to build a betta rack so on the planning and prices part.

So my idea is having a 4 or 5 tier rack with say 3 foot tanks divided up it would allow me to keep a lot of bettas and potentially raise a lot of fry with having so much room so looking for prices on getting the tanks made so if anyone makes tanks or knows someone who does could they let me know please.

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2016 15:19 - 26 Jan 2016 15:20 #2 by JohnH (John)
Craig,
You should contact Bart, he will make tanks to customers' specifications, and I'm assured his prices are better than competitive too.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 15:20 by JohnH (John). Reason: spelling

More
26 Jan 2016 15:20 #3 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Thanks John I'll give him a shout

Regards
Craig

More
26 Jan 2016 15:22 #4 by JohnH (John)
In all fairness it should be noted that Seahorse also make custom tanks too.

John

ITFS member.

More
26 Jan 2016 15:41 #5 by trent (trent)
theres also the option of buying a betta barracks made by aquaone i think. only petshops can get them in and i think there 400e and hold 20-30 indvidulal containers and work on like a sump system

More
26 Jan 2016 16:14 #6 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Funny you should say that trent I was just looking at the aqua one betta barracks it looks Fantastic just very small and not a lot of swimming space for the fish :(

I can't seem to find one for sale on the aqua one site and from reading online they all seem to be from a few years back great little neat setup tho

I might give seahorse a ring see could they get one for me

More
26 Jan 2016 16:24 #7 by trent (trent)
hope you find one that suits you. love the idea you can spend hours looking through one of these

More
26 Jan 2016 16:29 - 26 Jan 2016 16:30 #8 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
There is a picture of the one I found online
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 16:30 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle).

More
26 Jan 2016 16:56 #9 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
They look great tanks.
I would see how much they are and then show that picture to Bart or Seahorse and see what sort of price they will charge. They will be able to make a copy of it, and customise it in anyway you want. Eg bigger or better design sump or some double width tanks.
I looked at all suppliers when I was looking for my tank, from off the shelf to custom made, and found Bart to be very helpful. He even comes and helps plumb it if you want!!

More
26 Jan 2016 17:08 #10 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
thank you yeah i will give bart a shout when he is on see if he could make something up

thanks for all your help everyone B)

regards
craig

More
26 Jan 2016 22:46 #11 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
If your budget is tight you can always buy second hand tanks and add the partitions yourself :)

More
29 Jan 2016 13:58 #12 by Jonlate (Jon Late)

More
03 Feb 2016 07:40 #13 by rianygr (Maria Kells)
Guys... That's the kind of tank I'm looking for my boys! Who is Bart? Looks like I have to get on touch with him!

More
03 Feb 2016 10:36 #14 by JohnH (John)
Bart can be contacted here when he is logged in by PM, you could also look him up - he trades under Rainbow Aquatics, not far from Newlands Cross.

John

ITFS member.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds