Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

discus not eating

More
22 Aug 2015 18:21 #1 by alan 64 (alan)
OK so one of my discus today has stopped eating and he is shying away in a corner of the tank he is not being bullied and his colour is fine and he looks very healthy but he is just acting like this today, I checked the water parameters and all seems fine so I'm at a loss to what is up here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2015 11:17 #2 by MarkTipp (Mark Ryan)
Have you checked its pooh? or are there any other fish in the tank that may be disturbing it?

More
23 Aug 2015 13:01 #3 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic discus not eating
Poo is fine no he is not being bothered at all and all the other discus are fine one of my filters was fairly packed so I rooted the just have the tank running on the big filter for now which is nice and clean and have done a 50% water change and I'm gna cut down on the amount of beefheart I am feeding hopefully that will do the trick coz he is a lovely stendker pidgeon blood on of my nicest fish

More
23 Aug 2015 13:32 #4 by MarkTipp (Mark Ryan)
Its typical that it would happen to your nicest one!! :crazy:

If its only just started i would not worry unless he stays the same for a good few days, It has happend to my discus in the past and they just get over it after a day or 2.

If the poo is ok and no other signs of infection the only other reason I have come across when this happens is when a new discus is added and the least dominant fish hides away while the pecking order is reestablished.

Hope it sorts itself out!

More
23 Aug 2015 16:38 #5 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic discus not eating
He's back on his food so maybee that packed out filter was upsetting him

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds