Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

ITFS Show Competition For August :-)

More
08 Aug 2012 21:36 - 27 Aug 2012 12:09 #1 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Alright lads we are going to do something different for this months Competition

The Competition is going to be based around the ITFS Show that will be on this month (Sunday the 19th August 2012)

Anything goes just once it is from the show so photo or small video is acceptable.

Here is some info about the show and times and that
www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/itfs

The competition for August 2012 will be open on the 19th so day after the show and will be closed on the 29th

Also voting will start on the 29th and close on the 31st,So please do not send in entries after any off these Dates please (as they will not be counted)

This month's prize will be a €50 gift card for any one off the sponsors shops that the winner decides

This is coming from the ITFS Club so a big Thank You

Closing date for submissions : 29th of August 2012, midnight

Please send all entries to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (include your forum username please).

A few rules :
- 1 photo/Video per registered member() Must be from the ITFS Show)
- Submitted file should be in jpeg format and not exceed 1MB in size.
- Rules can be seen here (www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/fforum/rules)

So get those entries in lads and Best Of Luck to Everyone and hope all has a great time at the Show

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Aug 2012 12:09 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2012 22:30 #2 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Not long to wait now (i know im counting down the days) :laugh:

So hope all is getting there cameras ready and going to be trying to take that winning shot :cool:

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
15 Aug 2012 23:29 #3 by JohnH (John)

Not long to wait now (i know im counting down the days) :laugh:

So hope all is getting there cameras ready and going to be trying to take that winning shot :cool:

Sean

Now - where did I put that camera...?

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
20 Aug 2012 23:38 #4 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Competition is on lads please send in your Entries

You only have till the 29th

this always counts for the ITFS club members and committee everyone get there best shots in

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
23 Aug 2012 22:38 #5 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Lads very slow with Entries

Only 1 or 2 in so far

Please can everyone get there Entries in asap

Thanks

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
23 Aug 2012 23:32 #6 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Also just to state

That the entries are not limited solely to ITFS members

It is for anyone that was at the show and the photo just had to be taken on the day

Thanks

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
25 Aug 2012 19:38 #7 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Again lads

Can not stress enough that we need more photo sent in only 3 in not not enough at all so please can you send in your photo

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
26 Aug 2012 01:23 #8 by zabol001 (Marcin)

More
26 Aug 2012 09:41 #9 by JohnH (John)

I think not many people was in this show

Believe me, there were lots of people coming and going throughout the time the Show was open to the public and I saw quite a lot of them taking pictures - be it with cameras or phones.
We had notices telling everyone who was of a mind to read them about the Photo Competition.
I personally think the reluctance to submit their pictures has been disappointing to say the least.
Hopefully you'll all start submitting your snapshots in time for the deadline - it's a worthwhile prize (not to be sniffed at) and there aren't very many Ts&Cs.
So let's see a bit of a 'last minute rush'.

John

ITFS member.

More
26 Aug 2012 10:04 #10 by igmillichip (ian millichip)

Believe me, there were lots of people coming and going throughout the time the Show was open to the public and I saw quite a lot of them taking pictures - be it with cameras or phones.
We had notices telling everyone who was of a mind to read them about the Photo Competition.
I personally think the reluctance to submit their pictures has been disappointing to say the least.
Hopefully you'll all start submitting your snapshots in time for the deadline - it's a worthwhile prize (not to be sniffed at) and there aren't very many Ts&Cs.
So let's see a bit of a 'last minute rush'.

John

Yep. It was pretty jammers alright. I know that we had so many people taking pics at our stand that not even I could get in to take a picture (apart from a picture of people taking pictures !!)

Maybe people are seeking a bit of perfection, and taking photos of fish in the show tanks doesn't always give that 'perfect' picture.

ian

Irish Tropical Fish Society (ITFS) Member.

More
26 Aug 2012 11:03 #11 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

As the lads said it was very busy

As for taking photos i seen a good few taking some and then we put out posters and the Irish Fish Keppers Pgone Comp and the prize and what has to be done

And have to say after that there was a lot with the phones and cameras out so i know that photos are there just need to get them sent in

@Ian any off our photo comps is not about the 'perfect' picture as you know mate

its a bit off fun and even better that at the end off the off it there is a prize

As i have seen many photos comp winning with with non 'perfect' pictures and have to say even though they where maybe only taking with a photo it is all about what is in the photo

Thanks

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

• MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Aug 2012 00:49 - 29 Aug 2012 00:50 #12 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
Replied by MichaeLO (MichaeLO) on topic ITFS Show Competition For August :-)
Hope quality of pix be better this time..more at 3.0 Mgpix phone cameras+not soooooooo blur like before.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2012 00:50 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO).

More
29 Aug 2012 06:56 #13 by john gannon (John Gannon)
@michaelo at least we will all get to see one decent photo which obviously will be yours .unfortunatly you will be somewhat disappointed with at least one photo which will be mine as even with a half decent camera I couldn't take a photo to save my life,but to be perfectly honest I couldn't give a monkeys it's only about having a bit of a laugh for me.
So I'm looking forward to seeing at least one perfectly focused contrasting photo of the show,there's a €50 voucher up for grabs
John

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

More
29 Aug 2012 08:18 #14 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Hope quality of pix be better this time..more at 3.0 Mgpix phone cameras+not soooooooo blur like before.

Michael I have look at your photo it is very nice but it is not from the ITFS show that was on was it?

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

• MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Sep 2012 16:34 - 02 Sep 2012 18:50 #15 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
Post deleted - as will be the poster unless he improves his attitude!!!

seconded Johnh, this was not contributing anything of worth
Last edit: 02 Sep 2012 18:50 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie). Reason: adding to johnh's post

More
02 Sep 2012 16:58 #16 by maggy88 (Wayne Mc Glynn)
michaelo wats ur problem? why do you come here if all you want to do is complain and frustrate people? grow up and cop on. there's so much more i'd love to say but i'm not goin to risk getting banned. i actually like bein here.

wayne

• MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Sep 2012 17:50 #17 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
..i sayed it as a joke.. B) ..but looks like somebody was hungover last night and woke up on wrong side.Ehh u old timers....i say nothing more. :huh:

More
02 Sep 2012 17:54 #18 by maggy88 (Wayne Mc Glynn)
first off i'm not hung over, i don't drink and secondly i'm not an old timer i'm 24 so keep your smart comments to yourself. nobody here wants to hear it.

More
02 Sep 2012 17:58 #19 by JohnH (John)
I guess that 'old timer' jibe was pointed towards me - and would be right.

Still, as they say, you're only as old as you feel, and sometimes I feel quite old!

John

ITFS member.

• MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Sep 2012 18:15 #20 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
John..ehh..ok...srry to all ho feel or take it wrong.My taste of humor is bit different...that all.

More
More
02 Sep 2012 22:50 #22 by JohnH (John)
Please be patient - there has been a bit of a hiccup but it should soon be rectified.

John

ITFS member.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2012 02:06 - 03 Sep 2012 02:15 #23 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic ITFS Show Competition For August :-)

I guess that 'old timer' jibe was pointed towards me - and would be right.

Still, as they say, you're only as old as you feel, and sometimes I feel quite old!John

No John, I think Michael is confusing Alzheimers ( a Word closer to his Parlance) with "old Timers"

Kev.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 02:15 by stretnik (stretnik).

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2012 02:36 - 03 Sep 2012 02:38 #24 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic ITFS Show Competition For August :-)
I just have to say, the quality is NOT the criteria on which the selection of the Photograph is made, it is based on content or activity , if it was also based on the quality or value of the equipment used many members would be excluded so, rest assured it will never be attributed to the quality of the equipment, more on how you use it.

Criticism, when it is constructive is more than accepted , it's veiled sarcasm and dissent that is excepted.

Kev.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 02:38 by stretnik (stretnik).

More
03 Sep 2012 09:02 #25 by JohnH (John)

I just have to say, the quality is NOT the criteria on which the selection of the Photograph is made, it is based on content or activity , if it was also based on the quality or value of the equipment used many members would be excluded so, rest assured it will never be attributed to the quality of the equipment, more on how you use it.

Criticism, when it is constructive is more than accepted , it's veiled sarcasm and dissent that is excepted.

Kev.

Good man Kev,

John

ITFS member.

More
03 Sep 2012 09:04 #26 by JohnH (John)

what the story with pictures?

Please be patient, we have had a bit of a 'hiccup' with this and voting should be ready to get underway very soon.

John

ITFS member.

• MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2012 09:50 #27 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
....cant wait to see all of them.

More
03 Sep 2012 09:58 - 03 Sep 2012 09:59 #28 by jwm (sean sean)

@michaelo at least we will all get to see one decent photo which obviously will be yours .unfortunatly you will be somewhat disappointed with at least one photo which will be mine as even with a half decent camera I couldn't take a photo to save my life,but to be perfectly honest I couldn't give a monkeys it's only about having a bit of a laugh for me.
So I'm looking forward to seeing at least one perfectly focused contrasting photo of the show,there's a €50 voucher up for grabs
John

My photo skills are awful, i have a super camera, and it says point and click, i do and it doesnt. Took me about 8 attempts to get a 1min video clip up loaded onto the site, my for sale stuff is taking by my nephew, my ph is a nokia house brick so camera is muck. My fish dont help none of them will stand still.

john

A person who surrenders when he is WRONG, is HONEST. A person who SURRENDERS when not SURE, is WISE. A person who surrenders even if he is RIGHT, is a HUSBAND.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 09:59 by jwm (sean sean).

More
03 Sep 2012 10:12 #29 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
lol we all have that problem John, yet to see a pic from Michaelo so i am waiting for the quality of aquamojo's stuff from him, anyway give it a shot (excuse the pun) you never know yours could be the winner

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

• MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2012 16:19 - 03 Sep 2012 16:20 #30 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
John..lol...God will help u :laugh: ..i think i send my pix already...hmm..im sure my Discus...do i?
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 16:20 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO).

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds