Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

My Pond

More
31 Oct 2011 00:59 #1 by Arcadian (Stephen)
My Pond was created by Arcadian (Stephen)
This is the pond I put in this April, everything has gone well with it apart from one heron invasion which lost me a couple of fish. Now heading into our first winter i'm a bit :ohmy:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Oct 2011 11:56 #2 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re: My Pond
Looks lovely - some of those goldfish look huge! How deep is the water?

More
31 Oct 2011 12:59 #3 by Arcadian (Stephen)
Replied by Arcadian (Stephen) on topic Re: My Pond
Thanks, the water is an inch or so short of 3ft :)

More
31 Oct 2011 13:14 #4 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Replied by Acara (Dave Walters) on topic Re: My Pond
Very nice mate.
I don't think you need to worry about the Winter,I know people say it must be a certain depth,but my wee pond is only about 45cm at deepest,and shubunkins and goldfish have survived the last 4 Winters no bother.
Besides,the Donegal postman say's we're in for a normal Winter,wet,with no 'big freeze'. ;)

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
31 Oct 2011 13:21 #5 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Really nice well done have you seen those bubble things you can get now you put it on top of the water and the fish can come up over the waterline

Mark

More
31 Oct 2011 13:44 #6 by Arcadian (Stephen)
Replied by Arcadian (Stephen) on topic Re: My Pond

have you seen those bubble things you can get now you put it on top of the water and the fish can come up over the waterline

Mark

Haha, don't tempt me!!

More
21 Nov 2011 13:15 #7 by JamesG (James Gargan)
Replied by JamesG (James Gargan) on topic Re: My Pond
Hi,

Is that little fence made of a cut up trestle to keep the Heron away? A guy told me if I put a low fence around the pond (like you have done) the heron will have nowhere to stand. Is this your version - looks well.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Nov 2011 13:21 #8 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re: My Pond
Lovely.

Kev.

More
21 Nov 2011 13:56 #9 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Tranquil looking say you just sit bye the pond to relax do you

craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
21 Nov 2011 17:12 #10 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Replied by mickdeja (Mick Whelan) on topic Re: My Pond
Great lookin pond. Have you worked out how many litres?

Follow me up to Carlow

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds