Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

frogs gettin jiggy

More
12 Mar 2012 12:35 #1 by goldy (goldy .)
I have a 3 ft tank in the back garden which had frog spawn and a few pond plants in it. Over the last few winters the tank had split in the ice but the tadpoles more or less survived. With the way the weather was only half of the tadpoles changed into frogs and last year only 1 tadpole changed. Unfortunatley the tank gave in all together and burst. I drained it and cleaned it out and fixed it. I filled it back up with water and left it to see what would happen.

I thought I had 1 frog in the garden after last year and even that was a stretch of the imagination. but I went to hang clothes out on the line and heard a splash so I got really excited that I might have the 1 frog but then I thought oh dear....I need two haha. Anyway, I evenutally caught a glimpse of the frog and it was very big but then I realised that it had 4 legs so I had a better look. It was a big female with a smaller male hanging onto her back. Needless to say I have been watching with anticipation but no spawn yet.

I would have thought that march was a bit late for them to spawn especially with the weather being so mild. Has anyone else noticed them being a bit later this year or are mine a bit late because they only just found each other......

nessa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds