Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Pond safe cement

More
13 Jul 2012 13:32 #1 by Jambomac (James McConville)
Ok simple question is there a pond safe cement or something to stick rocks together if you where building a pond as just stacking rocks doesn't seem safe.

By the way i mean the liner between the dirt and the rocks so rocks are not there to contain the water.

Thanks for any knowledge on this subject.

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”

quote Bruce Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2012 19:19 #2 by m4r10 (m4r10)
Replied by m4r10 (m4r10) on topic Re: Pond safe cement
Depending on the amount of rocks needing to be sticked together, you could use Superglue (it is used safely in reef systems) or silicone.

More
13 Jul 2012 20:17 #3 by Jambomac (James McConville)
Not sure amount of rocks but pond would be 10ft by 10ft by 5ft deep, so a lot of rocks.

Thanks

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”

quote Bruce Lee

More
14 Jul 2012 01:54 #4 by christyg (Chris Geraghty)
Not sure what you're trying to do, but, that's a decent size pond, so I dont understand why you need so many rocks. In that size pond you could have a few large rocks and let them lie 'natural', you should'nt need to stick them together. I'd be more inclined to go for plants. :)

More
14 Jul 2012 11:02 #5 by antoblfc (Anthony Behan)
Ive used polybond cement to make 3D aquarium backgrounds.I am sure this would suit your pont.If you
need to use sand with it just use Kids play sand.as there are no chemicals in it.

More
14 Jul 2012 21:42 #6 by Jambomac (James McConville)

Not sure what you're trying to do, but, that's a decent size pond, so I dont understand why you need so many rocks. In that size pond you could have a few large rocks and let them lie 'natural', you should'nt need to stick them together. I'd be more inclined to go for plants. :)

There will be plants in water lillies. As for size of rocks regardless would prefer them to solidly secured especially larger ones as would create a lot of damage

quote Bruce Lee

More
14 Jul 2012 21:44 #7 by Jambomac (James McConville)

Ive used polybond cement to make 3D aquarium backgrounds.I am sure this would suit your pont.If you
need to use sand with it just use Kids play sand.as there are no chemicals in it.

Thanks for advice ;)

quote Bruce Lee

More
15 Jul 2012 01:14 #8 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
you could also use aquasafe epoxy its great stuff for rockwork, seahorse stocks it, heres a link www.theaquariumsolution.com/aquascape-co...xy-slate-grey-colour

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds