Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

My new coldwater tank

More
23 Jul 2013 22:07 - 23 Jul 2013 22:31 #1 by zuda (Zuda)
Here is a link for my new tank hope it works
www.adverts.ie/fish-tanks/fish-tank-5-fish/3446449
I am trying to get my own photos up but cant find cable.
Could you id the type of pleco please? And are the goldfish a veiltail and a common or fantail?

Thanks

yeah just trying to find out the type of fish esp the pleco cause if he is one that will grow huge well oops but if he is a dwarf or BN hey might be ok sizewise as he seems a sweet little fish.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2013 22:31 by zuda (Zuda).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2013 22:43 #2 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
The Pleco looks like common and goldfish i think two are common
could u describe the colours they all grow very quick so I think you will need to upgrade to 150L to 200L
Very soon

Something fishie going on here

More
23 Jul 2013 22:50 #3 by zuda (Zuda)
Replied by zuda (Zuda) on topic My new coldwater tank
Thx irish-zx10r so the pleco deffo has to go, dont want it suffering. I was thinking it was a common from pics on the net but kinda hoped it wasnt.

More
23 Jul 2013 23:27 #4 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Is the Pleco in cold water?
I have a 120 L and its still small for goldfish
once I moved them from a smaller tank they grew very quick .
I would love to have a Pleco for the cold water tank and just keep a small few goldfish

More
24 Jul 2013 00:10 #5 by davey_c (dave clarke)
At least there was a filter but I'd throw them test strips in the bin because their not very accurate so not worth using.
I'd be more concerned about the goldfish suffering because they are realy a pond fish so to keep them in such a small tank won't be good for them, they honestly do need alot of room.

Below tank is for sale

my plywood tank build.

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum...k-build-diary#137768

More
24 Jul 2013 00:36 - 24 Jul 2013 00:37 #6 by zuda (Zuda)
Replied by zuda (Zuda) on topic My new coldwater tank
yup its coldwater, you're welcome to take him if you would like. no not using the strips have the APi masterkit already so using that instead
Last edit: 24 Jul 2013 00:37 by zuda (Zuda).

More
24 Jul 2013 08:22 #7 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

yup its coldwater, you're welcome to take him if you would like. no not using the strips have the APi masterkit already so using that instead

I send u a pm thanks.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds