Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Well the goldies got redecorated a bit

More
17 Feb 2015 23:39 - 11 Aug 2015 19:13 #1 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
So still waiting for the dust to settle but the goldies have a long overdue upgrade 90l to 260l.

Think I'll regret the two substrate thing though.

So maybe if I can do an ikea/homer trip I can add a shoal of WCMMs

Rgds
Q
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Aug 2015 19:13 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2015 23:51 #2 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
It looks great and I'd say they're loving the new digs. I think you're right about the mixed gravel though. I reckon they'll do a little redecorating :laugh:

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
18 Feb 2015 08:23 #3 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
I tryed the same with my goldfish and koi it looked great for 20 min till they started moving the gravel turned out to be a bad idea. I like the look of your tank. I am thinking strong of selling my goldfish and koi to many tanks running at the minute.

Something fishie going on here

More
18 Feb 2015 08:32 #4 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
You need to finish that pond James :silly:

Yeah think I'll be taking out the light gravel at some point but it was in previous tank so good to bring bacteria into new tank.

More
18 Feb 2015 16:47 #5 by Homer (Kevin)
Marbles could work as no matter how much they may move them around, they go back together again.

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
18 Feb 2015 17:03 #6 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

You need to finish that pond James :silly:

Yeah think I'll be taking out the light gravel at some point but it was in previous tank so good to bring bacteria into new tank.

If I ever finish the pond it will be a miracle at this minute it's endless problems with money

More
18 Feb 2015 17:26 #7 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Money, I know the feeling want to buy LED and controller in July when my T5s are due for changing, have to start saving now :unsure:

More
18 Feb 2015 17:39 #8 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
@homer I think I will try an Anubias hedgerow instead. I have enough black gravel to fill the gap.

They had fun redecorating in any case

Attachments:

More
11 Apr 2015 22:28 #9 by dodgerooni (David O' Neill)
Did you introduce the WCMM with the goldfish? How did that go?

More
12 Apr 2015 00:39 #10 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Yeah I decided to try WCMMs from LFS. There was some initial chasing as the sarassa in particular thought they looked tasty but it settled down pretty quickly.

must update this thread with a new picture

More
13 Apr 2015 18:44 #11 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Quick update, just phone pics, needs some more Anubias

Attachments:

More
28 Jun 2015 19:15 #12 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Tank at the moment still can't decide if I like the background or not, don't know whether to take it out or find a piece to fill where the filter came out :crazy:

Attachments:

More
28 Jun 2015 19:46 #13 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
very nice setup. did they rearrange the gravel or did you?

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
28 Jun 2015 21:30 #14 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Thanks

The fish did a very good job of evenly spreading the cream gravel, I took out what was left and replaced with black gravel and small river stones.

More
09 Aug 2015 20:40 #15 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
So thought I would try an Anubias tree. An artist I am not but worth a try right.

Attachment image-2.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
11 Aug 2015 19:11 #16 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Another pic or two

Attachment image-2-3.jpg not found

Attachment image-2-3-4.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2015 07:35 #17 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
Really nice looking tank :)

More
17 Aug 2015 07:50 #18 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)

More
21 Aug 2015 00:20 #19 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
i am still picking white stones from my black gravel 1 year later lol not such a good idea but it looked great for few hours.
your tank looks great 260L is very nice size for them.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds