Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

FREE -2 Stunning Oranda Goldifsh to very good home

More
02 Dec 2015 17:46 #1 by jinjodesign (Jenny Fogarty)
Hi Everyone I posted this post in the Buy And Sell Section only to then realise there is a proper section for my post. So I apologies in advance if some of you have read this already there.

So, this is the post:

I have two stunning large (One very large) Oranda Goldfish we need to rehome as a result of us emmigrating in January.

One is a red cap (or lion head I think!) about 8-10 inches long and the other is a smaller 6 inches and is a Calico Oranda.

Ideally these will need to be homed in a 200 litre tank.

They are fabulous creatures and definitely feel like our pets so would really need to talk to anyone interested in taking them.

I will be posting pics of both later in the day, their tank is being cleaned at the moment.

If anyone is a cold fish keeper and is interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Jenny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2015 18:38 #2 by jinjodesign (Jenny Fogarty)
Here she is in all her glory.
Attachments:

More
02 Dec 2015 18:59 #3 by jinjodesign (Jenny Fogarty)
Attachments:

More
03 Dec 2015 11:56 #4 by Fairybubbles (Daniel oconnell)
Hi jenny if the pair are still available i could happily collect on saturday
I tried to message you privately but that option isnt available for me

More
03 Dec 2015 13:26 #5 by jinjodesign (Jenny Fogarty)
Hi Fariybubbles,

Good to hear from you.

May I ask what litre tank you own?

I just wanna make sure the guys have plenty of wiggle room!

Jen

More
05 Dec 2015 19:08 #6 by Fairybubbles (Daniel oconnell)
Hi jenny
I've only just seen this message
I had a 260l bow front available for them but no idea when I'm next in dublin
Hope they find a forever home

More
08 Dec 2015 15:26 #7 by JohnH (John)
Just before we lost our Forum connection yesterday I received a PM from Jenny regarding the two Orandas she is looking to give to any Forum member who would be able to find a home for them.
As she will be leaving the country in January she is anxious that they be found a new home - due to a misunderstanding the member who was going to rehome them for her will now not be able to.
She has them in a 90ltr tank and feels that they really need a larger tank to allow them more space.
They are totally free to anyone who can offer them a decent-sized new home.

If any member can help please contact her via the PM service.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds