Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

goldfish for silly money

More
29 Jul 2016 12:19 - 30 Jul 2016 11:33 #1 by robert (robert carter)
hi ,all am just trying to clear some goldfish out of my pond ,have about 6 big ones like in the photo and about 6 small ones , am looking for 10 euro each for the big ones small ones go free if taken as a job lot . great healthy fish for a pond ,too big for a tank .asking here first ,if I don't get any interest will put on done deal . thanks Robert THESE ARE NOW FREE TO A GOOD HOME.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jul 2016 11:33 by robert (robert carter). Reason: added sentance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2016 21:21 #2 by alan 64 (alan)
Have u any more pics robert

More
29 Jul 2016 21:44 #3 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Alan . I did try to net and photo all the goldfish but was very aware i was stressing the koi , and concerned about the new koi in particular . As i said reckon there are about 6 big ones like the photo and about 6 smaller ones about 3 to 4 inches . You are very welcome to view if you want

More
29 Jul 2016 22:03 #4 by alan 64 (alan)
Cool mate there not for myself my friend has a pond im gna see if they are interested

More
29 Jul 2016 22:08 #5 by robert (robert carter)
Thanks Alan

More
30 Jul 2016 09:54 #6 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Alan , if your friend wants these he can have them free of change , but really need them gone this weekend

More
30 Jul 2016 10:43 - 30 Jul 2016 10:45 #7 by robert (robert carter)
alan ,these are the goldfish , 6 large and 4 smaller ones .the picture shows nine but there are 10 in total
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jul 2016 10:45 by robert (robert carter). Reason: added sentance

More
30 Jul 2016 11:47 #8 by alan 64 (alan)
Cool il take them robert ur very kind

More
30 Jul 2016 11:51 #9 by alan 64 (alan)
I have a few bits of nice aquarium wood lying around if u want it mate u might get some use from it

More
30 Jul 2016 11:54 #10 by robert (robert carter)
Thanks Alan was a bit concerned i had caused some bad feeling over these , anyway they are yours , great they are going to a good home . Have you bags for transport as i dont have anything . When to you want to collect ? My number is 0872627945 . Thanks Robert

More
30 Jul 2016 11:57 #11 by robert (robert carter)
Thanks for the offer of the wood but am ok at present , and i think the likelyhood of getting another tank is less than zero , thanks anyway . Robert

More
30 Jul 2016 12:15 #12 by alan 64 (alan)
I will bring a big bucket robert do u need any bristlenose plecos i have some small ones or any fighting fish

More
30 Jul 2016 13:30 #13 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Alan a couple of bristlenoses would be great , when do you think you will collect , Robert

More
30 Jul 2016 15:09 #14 by alan 64 (alan)
Does tomor suit u

More
30 Jul 2016 15:24 - 30 Jul 2016 15:27 #15 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Alan , after 6pm tomorrow would be perfect , give me a call and i will give you address. Thanks Robert . Ps will give you a look at the new koi i got last tuesday from petbliss
Last edit: 30 Jul 2016 15:27 by robert (robert carter). Reason: added sentance

More
30 Jul 2016 15:48 #16 by alan 64 (alan)
Perfect rob see u tomor

More
01 Aug 2016 11:50 #17 by alan 64 (alan)
Thanks for the fish robert there realy nice and they have a good new home it was great to see ur koi u have some real nice fish

More
01 Aug 2016 11:57 #18 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Alan glad you like the goldfish, it was great to met you . Keep us posted on your own pond project

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds