Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Pond Plant Help

More
08 May 2017 14:33 #1 by Willpey (William Peyton)
Hi Guys

I recently built a pond (see intro section for full details) however the pond plants i have planted, water lilies, Arrum lilies, flowering rush etc haven't really grown all that much.

My question really is
i) should i be worried that they won't grow much this year?
ii) Is there anywhere that anybody recommends or suggests that i can get my hands on "Ready Grown" pond plants to give some decent shade for the fish before the real summer arrives?

Thanks
Will

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2017 15:30 #2 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Will i think you have just answered your own question , with water temps still very low for the time of year there appears to be very little growth of anything in the pond or garden come to that . Once the feeding of the fish really gets going the plants will grow

More
09 May 2017 08:53 #3 by Willpey (William Peyton)
thanks Robert- good to know its not just me in this boat.

I was a bit worried that nothing had really taken off growth wise yet and that the return of the sun might be too much for the fish as there is no vegetation cover on or around the pond just yet.

More
09 May 2017 10:23 #4 by FR85 (Gavin O'Sullivan)
I don't know why but plants in my pond are flying up, your pond looks like it will get plenty of sunlight so yours will too. How long is the pond built? Everything is most likely establishing itself and one serious feeding begins you'll see a huge transformation.
The water lillies will offer a great amount of shade when they come on and also protection from predators.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds