Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Panda moors

More
03 Nov 2008 17:13 #1 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Might anyone know where i might purchase panda moors.I cant seem to get them anywhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2008 22:57 #2 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
which ones are they Orca, do you have a picture?

ITFS Club Secretary
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
see the ITFS tab above for more information www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/itfs

More
05 Nov 2008 22:34 #3 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Replied by Orca (Eoin Walsh) on topic Re:Panda moors
I cant seem to find a nice pic and still no joy in trying to get them.Well if there is anyone out there who has seen any in a shop or could help me get a few i would be so grateful.

More
05 Nov 2008 22:37 - 05 Nov 2008 22:44 #4 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
Are they a goldfish like the black moor?

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ll3aF5reUYc-EM:http://www.sanyou-
Last edit: 05 Nov 2008 22:44 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran). Reason: add pic

More
05 Nov 2008 22:45 #5 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Yes just like the black moor but very hard to find.

More
05 Nov 2008 23:46 #6 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
nice pic, are there any this difficult to get?

ITFS Club Secretary
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
see the ITFS tab above for more information www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/itfs

More
22 Nov 2008 23:50 #7 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
hey any luck with the panda's mate

ITFS Club Secretary

More
23 Nov 2008 00:10 #8 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Still finding it hard.Drew in the av might get some in soon if he can.

More
23 Nov 2008 00:40 #9 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
those panda's look great, Can they really be that tricky to get a hold of?

ITFS Club Secretary

More
23 Nov 2008 00:45 #10 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Drew in the av said that they can be hard to get.But the av are great in trying to get what you are looking for.

More
23 Nov 2008 01:23 #11 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
might swing by there tomorrow, if i am i'll give you a bell. found this on youtube

how big can they get and what are you gonna put them into?

ITFS Club Secretary

More
23 Nov 2008 01:34 #12 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Very nice.I have never seen that video on youtube.
Might get a bigger tank for the cold water fish or use one of my rekord 96 when i get the tank for the kitchen.

More
06 Jan 2009 22:57 #13 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Just a quick update.Drew in the av might have a few panda moors on the way for me.It has taken time but i could have them soon.:woohoo: :woohoo:

More
18 Jan 2009 17:04 #14 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
I got my panda moors today from the AV:woohoo: :woohoo: .It took a long time and thanks to drew i have some more great looking fish in my tank.I will try to get a video or pic up soon after the bacterial bloom in the tank clears.Not looking too good at the moment.:( :( :(

More
18 Jan 2009 17:08 #15 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
Orca,
Great news on the Panda moors :)
Not so great on the bacterial bloom would a UV system help to clear it up?
Any chance of a pic of the tank with the bacterial bloom?

LB

More
26 Jan 2009 22:30 #16 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
great goldfishes the panda moors...

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
05 Feb 2009 23:03 #17 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
here's some of my panda moors

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
06 Feb 2009 00:27 #18 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi Ian, pandas looking good!!!

More
06 Feb 2009 09:33 #19 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
thanks drew the pics wasn't that great as it is from my cam phone but they look better and grown bigger too hope to see more pandas soon

More
06 Feb 2009 18:02 #20 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Your panda moors are looking great.What other fish are in your tank.

More
06 Feb 2009 18:35 #21 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
1 common black moor, 1 orange oranda, 1 red cap ranchu and 2 common ranchu, got 2 cory's as bottom cleaners

More
06 Feb 2009 18:55 #22 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Nice selection of fish.I Dont know about the corys in a cold water setup as they are tropical fish.They would have different requirements.

More
07 Feb 2009 11:59 #23 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi Orca, most Corys, depending on the species, do best at 18-26oC, bronze etc can live quite happily at room temp!!!!!

More
08 Feb 2009 00:13 #24 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)

More
08 Feb 2009 19:40 #25 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
I cant seem to see your panda moors in the link.I might be looking in the wrong place.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds