Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fantail Fin Problem

• Georgia (Georgia)
  • Georgia (Georgia)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Feb 2010 10:17 - 06 Feb 2010 10:19 #1 by Georgia (Georgia)
Fantail Fin Problem was created by Georgia (Georgia)
Well I am not sure if it is a problem but her fins look worse throughout the past few months. My large goldfish is a pain in the ass, he is a bully as he is bigger and chases the lil one around a lot. That said it can be hilarious as she knows she is thin enough to get behind the filter and out the other side (has a small gap where it attaches to the glass) anyway she swims fast and then dives behind it resulting in him...well he isn't a bright fish and the amount of times he hits his head trying to get against the filter i think he is getting worse :unsure:

Anyway here is a pic of the size of the fish in comparison and my next image is of her thins. If you look at the tail it has blood shot through it. Is that okay? One part of her tail is dark and I am not sure why. The thin on top is also an add shape. I mean it used to be much fuller and just seems a lil crinkled?

Any ideas?

Last edit: 06 Feb 2010 10:19 by Georgia (Georgia).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• scubadim (scubadim)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Feb 2010 11:52 #2 by scubadim (scubadim)
Replied by scubadim (scubadim) on topic Re:Fantail Fin Problem
Hi Georgia,
Usually we don't recommend mixing goldfish(gold,shubs,yellows..) with fancy goldfish(moors,oranda,lionhead,ryukin...).mainly because the first ones are more agile generally and get more food and also would pick on the second ones.
you have them together now so if you want to improve the situation without seperating them,i suggest you add ornements or decorations,plants,rocks...anything that can give more shelter for the little one and also anything that would break visual contact.if the big one doesn't see the other one constantly,there's more chance that it'll leave it alone...
good luck:)
Dimitri

• Georgia (Georgia)
  • Georgia (Georgia)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Feb 2010 14:07 #3 by Georgia (Georgia)
Replied by Georgia (Georgia) on topic Re:Fantail Fin Problem
Ah see I would never have gotten a fantail myself but a friend bought them both together for a photo shoot and then wanted to release them into the river lee... I refused to let her do it so I took them on about a year ago now.

I'll get an ornament today :) Thank you for the help.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds