Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Canary Yellow not looking to well

More
17 Jan 2011 21:17 #1 by mikeg (Michael Gannon)
hi have a canary yellow and for the last two days he has been very mopey at bottom of tank

pics attached

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2011 21:23 #2 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
hows ur water ???
did u change there food ??

More
17 Jan 2011 21:30 #3 by mikeg (Michael Gannon)
Waters Fine done test a while ago.

No Change in food, also hes the biggest eater in tank

More
17 Jan 2011 21:33 #4 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
ok thought u did test just checking . his fins are down and he looks sick maybe he needs a dose of antib 's . could it be swim bladder ??????

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jan 2011 21:36 - 17 Jan 2011 21:39 #5 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re: Canary Yellow not looking to well
What temperature is the Water ? Cold water fish should have their food cut back if they are kept indoors in a cold room or Tank, the food will sit and cause them to become lethargic if they are in cooler temps. It does no harm to feed less, every other day rather than the usual feedings.

I love it's colour, beautiful.

Some more details re your setup will help people to find a solution.

Something else, I just smelled the Water from my Tap and jeez it stinks of Chlorine, really strong, I know People will laugh but you could get one or two of those big 5 liter bottles of Spring water and refill the Tank to knock the Idea of bad water on the Head, Heaven knows what crap has been added to the water recently.

Kev.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2011 21:39 by stretnik (stretnik).

More
17 Jan 2011 21:46 #6 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
are u useing stress coat ???

More
17 Jan 2011 22:00 #7 by mikeg (Michael Gannon)
Waters been changed just before xmas, added stress coat there a while ago. when i do a feed hes always the greadiest eater,

More
17 Jan 2011 22:04 #8 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
if i was u i would do a 40 percent water change add stress coat to new water add a little bit of marine salt half a tea spoon to water fish like it . do u have a good water flow ?

hope this helps a little
trish

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jan 2011 22:06 #9 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re: Canary Yellow not looking to well
I hate to labour the point but can you give more information on what your setup is made up of, size/volume, filtered or not etc, one change before Christmas seems very little, he/she looks very sad.

Kev.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds