Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

maroon clownfish sexual maturity at what age?

More
25 Aug 2011 17:40 #1 by Jambomac (James McConville)
At what age or size will my clowns be sexually mature.
The female is about inch and half to 2 inches.
The male is an inch an inch and half.
They are yellow stripe maroon clownfish and i've had them about 3 months and they have paired up.

Don't know what age they are but have seen similar sized on the net said to be that they were 9 months old but not sure.
Also don't know whether they are wild caught or tank bred, i know seahorse aquariums do breed them but i think these where bought during there breeding was put off

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”

quote Bruce Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2011 18:02 #2 by Jambomac (James McConville)
Here they are

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”

quote Bruce Lee
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2011 18:39 #3 by fishhead88 (Aaron)
Hey mate first off all lovely fish and i cant tell you what age what i can tell you are signs hope it helps you out. If they are really close most of the time also if the fish sleep ( or rest ) in the same area its usually a good sign. Your female should slightly harass the male also. hope some of these helps you

More
25 Aug 2011 18:49 #4 by Jambomac (James McConville)
Thanks for reply fishead88.

knew those specifics although she doesn't harass him as much as she used to more pre-ocupied with keeping other fish away from there anemone.

She sleeps in the anemone and he in the cave beside or if the anemone hasn't shrunk that much at night they both sleep beside eachother i think the anemone really helped with the pairing.

Just wondering as seems more terretorial than usual.

quote Bruce Lee

More
25 Aug 2011 21:21 #5 by fishhead88 (Aaron)
Sorry i cant be more helpfull to you. you should throw a few pics up id love to see your tank.

More
03 Oct 2011 19:53 #6 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
The female does not have the shape and form to be a female, they are both techically males at the moment , the larger male will become the female unless it dies if the big male dies and you add a even smaller male then the existing smaller male would become the female.

www.youtube.com/FrJackOnFish#p/a/u/1/-NuE9JrAArA

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/fforu...ckas-deep-blue-movie

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds