Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

*URGENT HELP REQUIRED*

More
15 Sep 2011 10:14 #1 by Simon (Simon)
Hi Guys,

Firstly I apologise for the lack of introduction on my part, but time is of the essence so here goes; I'm looking for help quite urgently. Due to unexpected and unfortunate circumstances I have been landed with the
responsibility to care for 2 large tanks of exotic saltwater fish (not even sure which breeds they are, shows my knowledge on the subject) and have been given no instructions. Although I am not a fish enthusiast I would hate to see them perish due to neglect..so basically I need someone I can call or can call me (0862400909) to give me an idea on how to maintain them (feeding schedule, pH level managment etc)

I really appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Many thanks,

Simon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2011 10:58 #2 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
Whats you,re location, someone might be close by

More
15 Sep 2011 11:15 #3 by Simon (Simon)
Based in Dundrum, Co. Dublin. Even if someone could call me or PM their number it would be a great help. The tanks are not in my house but will be going to feed the fish shortly. If I could call somebody while I'm there I could give an accurate description of the fish/setup and what foods/additives are there. Again, any help appreciated!

Thanks guys

More
15 Sep 2011 11:19 #4 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
I only work up the road in churchtown, landscape road. I will pm you my number i might be able to pop down at lunch time to give you a hand

More
15 Sep 2011 14:38 #5 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
My main tip would be not to over feed the fish!! this is where the horro stories come from when they go on holidays and there fish all die due to there friend over feeding.
As for the ph ect you should not have to much to do. How long are you minding the tanks for ?
I took care of my friends marine tank for 2 weeks when he was away and all i had to do was feed them nothing else no water changes ect.I did test the water 2 times each week as he warned me that levels can change fast in salt water tanks.I am sure all will be good if gerryberry can give you a hand out ;-) let us know that it all works out.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds