Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

DAY 2 (+ A BIT)

More
12 May 2007 16:24 #1 by lampeye (lampeye)
After finally getting my aquascape where i wanted it (see DAY 1 thread) i ended up moving flat a couple of months ago :evil:

after accepting i couldnt get it back the way it was (2 or 3 three hour attempts) heres what i settled on. ive been slow to stock it up, so far ive added a red firefish, a little red starfish and have a purple one in QT....slowly slowly catchy monkey!

lampeye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 May 2007 03:38 #2 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re: DAY 2 (+ A BIT)
Wow.

Marines are out of this world.
Someday.....

More
13 May 2007 05:54 #3 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
I like the aquascaping Fran. :D

More
13 May 2007 06:17 #4 by Tetra (Tetra)
Replied by Tetra (Tetra) on topic Re: DAY 2 (+ A BIT)
sweet marine fran looks really well cant wait till I get my own up and running now.

More
13 May 2007 07:36 #5 by Alan86 (Alan86)
Replied by Alan86 (Alan86) on topic Re: DAY 2 (+ A BIT)
Looks Amazing! :D
Well done!

The money was just resting in my Account!

More
13 May 2007 11:40 #6 by arabesque (Mick Veale)
lovin it!

More
13 May 2007 13:38 #7 by JimMooney (JimMooney)
Man the marines tanks are sweet... Great tank m8

More
12 Jul 2007 15:59 #8 by buleetu (buleetu)
hi fran

love the tank, the scaping is top notchB)

the fire fish is cool, what does the star fish eat? i got one yesterday and im not sure if i should try give him food or if he will find his own???:huh:

what size tank have u got? do u have a sump? do u have any pictures of the equipment and sump if u have one??

kiss my fishy AS S

More
12 Jul 2007 23:07 #9 by lampeye (lampeye)
buleetu wrote:

hi fran

love the tank, the scaping is top notchB)

the fire fish is cool, what does the star fish eat? i got one yesterday and im not sure if i should try give him food or if he will find his own???:huh:
what size tank have u got? do u have a sump? do u have any pictures of the equipment and sump if u have one??

hi there, welcome to the forum

the star was an impulse buy, ive tried to find out info on feeding but to no avail. it seems a bit of a mystery. lfs said they find their own microscopic food in the live rock/sand, i tried placing him on algae sheets/food but he just crawls off them...so if u do find out please share they info. mine seems to be doing well , very active. i just hope hes not slowly starving.

its a rio 240. no sump. equip is simply a skimmer. two powerheads, a heater, and the internal filter that came with the tank (with only carbon in it)<br><br>Post edited by: lampeye, at: 2007/07/13 00:55

lampeye

More
12 Jul 2007 23:41 #10 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Great tank,well scaped.
I dont know if they would be the same,but when diving I have watched starfish eating shellfish of various types.On the West Coast of Ireland they seem particularly fond of the long thin razorfish.It is interesting to slowly \&quot;pat\&quot; the sand getting closer to a scallop with each \&quot;pat\&quot;,they then go swimming off through the water.I beleive this is a method they use to escape approaching starfish.
I guess this is not really a prctical way of feeding in the aquarium though!

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
13 Jul 2007 04:30 #11 by kev (Kevin O Hara)
The starfish is probably mostly a scavenger but you could try him with a small mussel or krill /piece of fish etc to see if hes interested.<br><br>Post edited by: kev, at: 2007/07/13 05:43

More
13 Jul 2007 12:05 #12 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
beautiful

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
13 Jul 2007 12:14 #13 by buleetu (buleetu)
when i put the star fish in the other day he looked as if he was gonna climb back out of the tank

then when he settled under a rock he disappered for the whole day, then last night i got a torch out and there he was, climbing over my zoanthids, and looking as if he was gonna try eating my condy nem

the next time hes out and about ill try dropping some krill in front of him, and see if he goes for it

fran

i have a rio too, its a 180 though with a sump, so about 210 litres too

do u have the factory lights or did u add some extras<br><br>Post edited by: buleetu, at: 2007/07/13 13:15

kiss my fishy AS S

More
13 Jul 2007 18:30 #14 by lampeye (lampeye)
just changed the tubes

lampeye

More
14 Jul 2007 22:33 #15 by buleetu (buleetu)
okay cool

are u gonna have a go at keeping some coral?

or just fish?

kiss my fishy AS S

More
15 Jul 2007 12:53 #16 by lampeye (lampeye)
i have button polyps and mushrooms, might get some gorgonia aswell. but for now i think i'll leave it at that. i dont fancy upgrading the lights.....and im really into tube worms so ill probably just go mad with them!!

lampeye

More
15 Jul 2007 17:39 #17 by buleetu (buleetu)
yes the tube worms are cool

anndy in the new shop in ashbourne got some indo pacific tube worms and dusters the other day

u should drop out u might get some unusual ones

kiss my fishy AS S

More
12 Oct 2008 17:21 #18 by lampeye (lampeye)
heres a little update pic...most of teh fish are hiding!

lampeye

More
12 Oct 2008 19:34 #19 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Stunning,Id love to keep marines,but considering im struggling to keep my South American tank going at present its unlikely Ill be changing over anytime soon. My bolivian female ram I got y/day is dead today:(
I think I got the worst in the whole tank in the shop. As soon as I introduced it,it looked a goner.
Anyhow Ill keep battling on.
The marines look stunning,really gorgeous tank set up. Would be fab Id say with a nightlight?

Gavin

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds