Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

naso not eating

More
31 Mar 2013 17:34 #1 by colly130 (Colin)
Hi guys I just recently bought a naso tang about a week ago and he doesn't seem to want to eat. Ive tried algae flakes,pellets,frozen mysis, live shrimp but he doesn't go near anything ive seen him take the pellets and spit them back out but that's it... Any ideas?

Cheer colly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2013 17:45 #2 by john gannon (John Gannon)
hi colly you could try adding some garlig guard or garlic extreme to see if it helps

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

More
01 Apr 2013 00:33 #3 by Fin Tastic (Denis Dave)

hi colly you could try adding some garlig guard or garlic extreme to see if it helps

+1 seachem garlic guard is great stuff for getting finicky fish to eat and its good for them! any local lfs should be able to get it for you or have it in stock. you could also try a little bit nori seaweed attached to the glass by a sucker with a clip and leave it there while youre out of the room, hes still new to the tank and might need a little more settling in time. have you noticed him grazing at all?

More
01 Apr 2013 17:56 #4 by colly130 (Colin)
Replied by colly130 (Colin) on topic naso not eating
Thanks guys for the replies, ive just put in some seaweed on a little sucker just there so hopefully he starts nipping at it, I haven't really seen him grazing on anything yet so I hope he's gettin some sort of food into him

Thanks again guys
Colly

More
01 Apr 2013 18:12 #5 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Replied by jeff (Jeff Scully) on topic naso not eating
my lad was the same but as soon as i put brine shrimp with garlic from the gamma blister pack in i seen a different fish and it was a few weeks later before he touched anything else if yeh havent got any seahorse have in all the time or you could try ian only down the road from yea a tenner sez he mills it out of it

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

More
01 Apr 2013 18:49 #6 by john gannon (John Gannon)
another thing you could try is reef gel or paste which seahorse has in stock.its not uncommon for naso's to go off there food when newly introduced but once you get them going at all there fine,
john

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

More
01 Apr 2013 20:14 #7 by colly130 (Colin)
Thanks guys im always in seahorse so will pick up some extra stuff asap
Colly

More
10 Apr 2013 14:39 #8 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
hows he getting on colly

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

More
12 Apr 2013 15:32 #9 by colly130 (Colin)
Unfortunately he died Jeff he just wasn't having any of it, he looked interested in the seaweed but still didn't bite.,

The shop I did buy him in however gave me full credit for him because I had told them the week before that I was a bit worried

Colly

More
12 Apr 2013 20:39 #10 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
jasus man thats nasty sorry for ur loss id say that hurt alot

but i suppose on the other hand your lucky you got credit for him that heals the mind a bit

are you gona try another one

More
16 Apr 2013 12:18 #11 by colly130 (Colin)
Yeah very unfortunate! I didn't bother going with another naso ive gone with a flame angel and hes fine eating away and all not a bother on him so Alls well that ends well. Got a blue sponge coral at the same time aswel couldn't resist startin to look really well now the tank is.

Colly

More
17 Apr 2013 12:29 #12 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
really like the flame angel myself cracking looking fish

put up a few update pics up show us ur tank

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds