Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

is the fluval edge a suitable marine tank

More
04 Jun 2013 21:49 #1 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
hello every one :-)

just like to pick your brains :-) im in love with the fluval edge the taller one think its 100 litres.

really want to do a low key marine set up 2 clowns few snails ,cleaner shrimp and pushing it maybe a small goby of some sort.

but is that tank a suitable nano marine tank mixed opinions on line so thought id get some advice here

regards

craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 23:12 #2 by JohnH (John)
Craig, it's nice to hear from you again.
As you will know as much as I know about Marines is that the water is salty so I'll just leave the answer to this question to someone who knows about these things.
For myself I do not like the concept of confining any fish, be it marine, freshwater (tropical or coldwater) or even inverts in such miniscule quantities of water, but as I say - that just my personal point of view - speaking as JohnH the Forum member and nothing more.

Doubtless other members will have differing opinions - it would be good to hear them and to start a meaningful discussion here.

Anyone???

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
05 Jun 2013 13:39 #3 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
i know what ya mean john.is really just like a bowl in some ways but the edge is 100 litres at least and tall.

id love something bigger but space wise at the moment all i could fit :-(.

craig

More
05 Jun 2013 14:48 #4 by Homer (Kevin)
Lots of successful ones on line, some a few years old, I have a 46 Litre Edge that I intend setting up as a Marine.
Quite a few marine Fish rarely stray more than a few feet from home in the wild, they should be very happy, whatever that is, in a Nano set up.

Google Fluval edge nano marine etc and you will see and not alone are Nano marines doable, Pico marines are too!!

H.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
05 Jun 2013 14:50 #5 by JohnH (John)
I was hoping, Craig, that this might kick off a discussion - I know there are Forum members who are great fans of these and was anticipating some responses to my view.
Let's hope it can still get off the ground even yet.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
05 Jun 2013 16:42 #6 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
yeah ive noticed on some videos and in keeping marines before not many fish stray from the security of the live rock.

as weird as it sounds i think you get more of an appriateion for marines when its on a nano scale more up close and personal.

craig

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds