Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

God damn you blenny!

More
05 Feb 2014 13:05 #1 by Bohrio (Alex Rodriguez)
So it has been a while since I last post anything so I decided to share a few pics

I had an algae outbreak recently that is now under control. Last week I got a couple of new fish, 2 yellowheaded jawfish (1 big male and a small female, hopefully) and 1 bicolor blenny (tiny blenny).

So after building settling for a couple of hours I was tidying up the tank and noticed that the blenny has decided to take over to spots in the tank, during the day he rests under an empty oyster shell and at dusk/night he decided to live inside my power head!

I have 2 powerheads, one on each side of the tank that runs at intervals of 15 minutes (or use to), both on for 15 minutes and then off for another 15.

Luckily enough I notice he was inside the powerhead while this one was off otherwise he could have ended up as mince fish!

He either resides inside the powerhead or out on the top where the hair algae is. It is the only part of the aquarium with Algae at the moment (only a few bits left in the aquarium) but he seems so happy there that I decided not to clean it (it seems to be under control at the moment). So now I have disconnected that powerhead, he I wont be using it for a while...

I took a few proper pictures yesterday of the clowns and the elegance yesterday, might as well share them :silly:

And the two jawfish sharing the same burrow... so far so good, we will see what happens when the small one grows up

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds