Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

My first venture in Marine fishkeeping..

More
01 Jun 2015 18:18 - 31 Jul 2015 09:36 #1 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)
Hello all, i just want to show a picture of my first marine tank... After only a year of fishkeeping (when i started with Discus as first fish) ...Now, im venturing to marine..
UPDATED: 18/07/2015
I converted an existing tank. Here are the specs:
180L no sump
FX6 filter
AI Prime LED with tank mount
Tunze nanostream 6125 wavemaker
Eheim Jager 200w heater
Hydor internal Protein Skimmer

The occupants are:
Live rocks
Live sand
Green Bubble tip Anemone x1
Ocellaris Clownfish x2
Anthias x1
Foxface x1
Blue reef chromis x1
Blue-green chromis x1
Cleaner Shrimp x1
Neon'ish Green Hammer coral
Pinki'sh Hammer Coral
Green Bubble Coral
Zoanthids Ultra
Zoanthid green polyps

-the bubble tip anemone and clownfish still haven't found each other... Probably never will..
Last edit: 31 Jul 2015 09:36 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2015 18:31 - 01 Jun 2015 18:36 #2 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)
The pictures are too large to upload.. My apologies.. I'l upload next time.. Thank you..
Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 18:36 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy).

More
01 Jun 2015 18:40 #3 by carlowchris (chris)
Cool. B)

..another one converted to the salty side.....soon we'll take over the world....but to keep others happy you better get those pics up... :P

More
01 Jun 2015 19:30 #4 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Lookin forward to seeing pics
Good to see another salty startup
My only regret with my tank is I think I should have gone bigger to start off!!!!

More
01 Jun 2015 23:16 #5 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)
I decreased the quality of the picture.. Still not uploading :-(.. Better luck next time to me.

More
02 Jun 2015 00:05 #6 by JohnH (John)
tet,
I really does need to be reduced to 1mb or less - alternatively host it with one of the appropriate sites then add the URL to the 'link' place.
Or, if all else fails send your pic(s) to me at the
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
address and I'll get it/them added.
John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
02 Jun 2015 23:17 #7 by carlowchris (chris)
I had a load of trouble uploading pics but downloaded the photo editor app...just googled it and it was free. Works a treat :)

More
05 Jun 2015 09:48 #8 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
Looking forward to see some pictures of amother salty tank :-) how long is your tank running ? If not so long what for your bubble tip i had a disaster with an anemone which wiped my tank out as the tank was not mature and stable enough.

More
17 Jul 2015 10:49 - 17 Jul 2015 10:50 #9 by JohnH (John)

I decreased the quality of the picture.. Still not uploading :-(.. Better luck next time to me.

Images loaded for TET, sorry again for the delay. :crazy:

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2015 10:50 by JohnH (John).

More
17 Jul 2015 11:37 #10 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)
Thank you John...my tank has been rescaped again...i cant stay still :dry:

More
17 Jul 2015 11:39 #11 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Tank looks great! Love the bubble tip
Amazing

More
17 Jul 2015 23:29 #12 by carlowchris (chris)
Looking good B) B)

bubble and nem.....so cool B)

More
18 Jul 2015 21:42 #13 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)

Tank looks great! Love the bubble tip
Amazing

Thank you.. That BTA is proving to be a challenge!

More
18 Jul 2015 21:44 #14 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)

Looking good B) B)

bubble and nem.....so cool B)

Bubble and Nem are still stranger to each other after 8 weeks together...

More
18 Jul 2015 21:52 #15 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)

Looking forward to see some pictures of amother salty tank :-) how long is your tank running ? If not so long what for your bubble tip i had a disaster with an anemone which wiped my tank out as the tank was not mature and stable enough.

I agree with you, anemone is a bit of a challenge alright... My tank is not even long running (as im very impatient.. Lol) But, i did loads of water change and i did feed it every other day with fresh scallops and homemade beefheart mix (for my discus) for the first two weeks. Then when it seemed to be okay, it decided to move on a shaded rock! One time, it got stuck onto the wavemaker and a piece of flesh came off... So far, its looking calm..

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds