Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

seahorses

More
29 Aug 2015 20:06 #1 by carlowchris (chris)
About a year ago i picked a beta tank....about 200 litres.....well the cabnet was well past it so i thought id build a new one........so about 9 months ago i bought some wood and lets just say....my carpentry skills arn't all that

anyway....looking to get started on this ...if i can at least get it filled and up and running...it will give me the oportunity to remove and rescape the main tank and give me somewhere to put the removed rock..

looking at making a kind of disply refugium sudo seahorse tank.....anybody ever tryd this???or something simalar????

Seen some absolute crackers on youtube....but seen some horrors on there too...probly kind of the reason this has taken so long to get off the ground

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2015 08:07 #2 by SSS (Sion S)
Replied by SSS (Sion S) on topic seahorses
Cool idea, I've had seahorses before but never had a refugium, but mixing the two would look great.

More
20 Sep 2015 21:27 #3 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Replied by hammie (Neil Hammerton) on topic seahorses
Sion
How did you get around their issues with not liking flow in the water? What flow rate did you have them at?
I've thought about them in a small setup (circa 100l) but haven't researched them enough to be happy to go ahead yet

More
20 Sep 2015 23:28 #4 by carlowchris (chris)
Replied by carlowchris (chris) on topic seahorses
All the feed back ive been getting is a high turn over and little flow....and to maybe use something like an educator or spraybar or splitt the flow to reduce the presure......apparently you can use a wave maker to lift and clear the detrius but not for long....

still havent got this cabnet built yet..really should of paid attention in wood shop in school

More
21 Sep 2015 05:37 #5 by SSS (Sion S)
Replied by SSS (Sion S) on topic seahorses
I got tank bred ones because I felt they would be the hardiest and eat frozen food etc.
The flow was really a balance, you want it a strong as possible without affecting the seahorses. I had lots of things for them to grab onto and did regular siphonings and waterchanges.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds