Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Clowns protecting their eggs

• paulm (paulm)
  • paulm (paulm)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Jul 2007 23:52 #1 by paulm (paulm)
Clowns protecting their eggs was created by paulm (paulm)
File Attachment:

ILL TRY TO KEEP FOOTAGE OF EACH STEP

Regards Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2007 02:07 #2 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Fantastic footage, looking forward to more.

• Red Empress (Red Empress)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jul 2007 10:49 #3 by Red Empress (Red Empress)
Replied by Red Empress (Red Empress) on topic Re:Clowns protecting their eggs
Great video Paul. :)

More
24 Jul 2007 15:20 #4 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
wonderful just wonderful what more can we say

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

• paulm (paulm)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jul 2007 01:07 #5 by paulm (paulm)
Replied by paulm (paulm) on topic Re:Clowns protecting their eggs
Well it was only a dry run. As I said the eggs seem to be transparened at the off and I think the eggs were eaten by the male:angry: Anyway better luck next time:cheer:

More
27 Jul 2007 00:17 #6 by buleetu (buleetu)
hows it going paul

love the vid

what size tank do u have

i have a pair of clowns that look as if they are willing to try breeding,i bought the 2 fish together they were both as small as each other, now the female is huge and is starting to get black spots on her side just behing her fins on the side there, the male does his submissive dance at sundown as well, do u think they will bredd eventually,,

what temp and sg do u run the tank at??

what kind of nem is that?

kiss my fishy AS S

More
27 Jul 2007 12:53 #7 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
My male blue buggie and my female green buggie laid a egg after 2 days they some how mangae to push it out of the nest and smashed it, any one any ideas?, I have not kept birds before so I am excited to breed then the kids would love to see some baby buigies.

Paul I am on a business trip to Dublin next week arrive from Palma on Thureaday evening the 2nd and fly out Sarurday evening the 4th, if you want any advise on breeding A. oclarris the first person to breed marines in Eire is in town.

P.S You owe Fr. Jack A DRINK:evil:

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

• paulm (paulm)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Jul 2007 22:03 #8 by paulm (paulm)
I would love the oppertunity to buy you a gallon or two and have a good sitdown and talk fish . Ill PM my mobile number I live in Coolock (very close to the airport) Pencil a time in your diary And ILL work around that. Cheers Sean

Kind Regards Paul

• paulm (paulm)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Jul 2007 22:29 #9 by paulm (paulm)
Buleetu thanks mate

I have a 400ltr System tank with twin 250 MH lights My SG.=1.025 Temp 26/27 deg. Ammonia 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates 0

These are the params. I keep the tank at and it seems to work for me . If your looking to breed your clowns have a look at the post 'For Paulm' and this should you all the info on the topic . Best of luck.;)

Regards Paul

More
28 Jul 2007 15:42 #10 by buleetu (buleetu)
thanks for that paul ill read it now

kiss my fishy AS S

More
30 Sep 2007 13:56 #11 by Seany (Sean Phelan)
Paul,
What ID is that Anemone?
Great looking fish
Seany

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Sep 2007 23:41 #12 by Anthony (Anthony)
Replied by Anthony (Anthony) on topic Re:Clowns protecting their eggs
I think it is a Maloo(spelling)
Cool vid mate.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds