Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

this is the star fish i got off andy

More
09 Aug 2007 04:08 #1 by buleetu (buleetu)
i bought some clove polyps from andy in ashbourne a little while ago.

i got this guy free because he was wrapped up with the cloves, so andy just said i could have him if i wanted

i dont know its exact name, but its really cool, im only posting now because it toook ages to get a picture of him, because he hardly ever comes out,

the first day he was in he was doing a weird thing, letting white puffs of smokey looking stuff out of every pore in his body, do u think it was trying to spawn

i didnt think it would last long because i never seen him eating anything, but i have him about 1 or 2 months now so fingers crossed

(sorry guys photo bucket wasnt working last night,i posted because i didnt wanna write all that out again today, heres the pictures)

<br><br>Post edited by: buleetu, at: 2007/08/09 14:27

kiss my fishy AS S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Vincent (Vincent)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Aug 2007 12:00 #2 by Vincent (Vincent)
Replied by Vincent (Vincent) on topic Re:this is the star fish i got off andy
u got a pic bulleetu ?

i was in Andys yesterday,,,got myself a scallop and a royal gramma,,,,

More
09 Aug 2007 18:29 #3 by kieronr (kieronr)
Very unusal colours on it,looks nice.You can feed it by placing some meaty (fish)food on the bottom of the tank and then place him over it.does'nt always work but may help to sustain him.I,ve found that they d'ont always do that well long term.Although i,ve had sand shifting starfish now well over six months.

More
10 Aug 2007 10:00 #4 by buleetu (buleetu)
its cool looking isint it

i think its called a bristle banded star fish, i was told its reef safe and a good addition to my tank

not bad as a throw in is it?

kiss my fishy AS S

• Red Empress (Red Empress)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Aug 2007 10:24 #5 by Red Empress (Red Empress)
Replied by Red Empress (Red Empress) on topic Re:this is the star fish i got off andy
Very nice addition buleetu

Great pictures of it too.:)

How big will it get ?<br><br>Post edited by: Red Empress, at: 2007/08/10 11:25

• Vincent (Vincent)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Aug 2007 12:36 #6 by Vincent (Vincent)
Replied by Vincent (Vincent) on topic Re:this is the star fish i got off andy
See the pic now,,,looks great ,,,wonder how big they get,,,,
Know nothing about keeping these,,,guess its another addition to the Google library,,,;)

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds