Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fr. Jack´s deep blue movie

More
16 Jan 2008 11:22 #1 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
www.youtube.com/FrJackOnFish

Ah yes plenty of shagging going on:laugh: the only thing is its between to clowns:( which were incidentally the first to breed in Rep. Ireland in Bray Co. wicklow in 1984 and since 2003 are kept in my freezer even to this day.

My old marine fish only tank which is now Malawi

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2008 14:39 #2 by Seany (Sean Phelan)
Fr Jack,

Seems they choose the back wall of the tank to lay. I noticed you have 4 yellow tangs in there. Is there much aggression?

Seany

More
16 Jan 2008 15:34 #3 by Dub (Glen Coughlan)
:woohoo: :woohoo: Excellent well done Cool clip....

More
16 Jan 2008 19:18 #4 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Seany wrote:

Fr Jack,

Seems they choose the back wall of the tank to lay. I noticed you have 4 yellow tangs in there. Is there much aggression?

Seany

Good question, they were probally put in the tank 9 months before the film and 2 out of the 4 died of emancipation (thinners) about 6 months latter, possible through not enough alage (wrong light 10,000K) for 5 hours a day,or aggression, I think it was a mistake, also the angel got too big for the tank, it went years without a water change to I would recommend just one yellow tang of the same species, in a regular tank or 7 or more tangs in a 6foot+ tank with some light of 5,600K combined with 10.000K to get that green algae that was lacking for those poor 4 tangs:( , although as I said 2 went on after wards to do well perhaps they were a pair? and the other 2 that died were males:unsure: (I am not sure does any one have much experience of keeping a group of yellow tangs together for a few years with success?

More
16 Jan 2008 21:17 #5 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Nice video! Any chance of a snap of the Deep Frozen Clowns. I remember you talking about them when you were given the talk to the ITFS last year and thought it was of the maddest things that I have ever heard!

I wounder if people would have a problem if I froze my dog after she passes on?

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

More
06 Apr 2008 13:45 #6 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
tanks_alot wrote:

Nice video! Any chance of a snap of the Deep Frozen Clowns. I remember you talking about them when you were given the talk to the ITFS last year and thought it was of the maddest things that I have ever heard!

I wounder if people would have a problem if I froze my dog after she passes on?

Test photo

More
06 Apr 2008 14:17 - 18 Apr 2008 23:23 #7 by Sean (Fr. Jack)

Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Apr 2008 23:23 by Sean (Fr. Jack). Reason: admins pls delete failed phot up load

More
06 Apr 2008 19:17 #8 by lampeye (lampeye)
if u want email me your pic sean and ill stick it up for you

lampeye

More
08 Apr 2008 22:08 #9 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
lampeye wrote:

if u want email me your pic Sean and ill stick it up for you

I tried to down load software so that if I right click on my photos I can re size, but I appears like I do not have the exact link to down load this on a window xp sytem.

More
18 Apr 2008 22:59 - 18 Apr 2008 23:22 #10 by Sean (Fr. Jack)

Last edit: 18 Apr 2008 23:22 by Sean (Fr. Jack). Reason: admin pls delete failed photo up load

More
18 Apr 2008 23:11 #11 by Sean (Fr. Jack)

Attachments:

More
18 Apr 2008 23:37 #12 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds