Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

what's is there?

More
02 Jun 2009 17:33 #1 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
what's here?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2009 19:41 #2 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
looks like aptasia 90% sure. nasty stuff,have you many of the little f*****s. you need to get rid of them . add a copprband butterfly or/and some pepermint shrimp, the more the better.or you can squirt them with meds. good luck

More
02 Jun 2009 20:03 #3 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
o what is that like brown stuff on rock,like cover?

More
02 Jun 2009 20:47 #4 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Dose it look like this. In centre of picture is Aiptasia.

You can use lemon juice to kill them. Use a small amount in a syringe and inject in to the Aiptasia. You must inject directly in to them.
Only use a very small amount of lemon juice at a time because it turns the water acidic (lowers the ph).

giunceris is there something else in the picture you are trying to point out?

More
02 Jun 2009 23:52 #5 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
You seem to have aptasia, but the brown stuff on the rock looks like algae brought on by excess nutrients, is the tank newly setup? Could be a high level in NO3 ( nitrate), PHo4 ( phosphate) or silicates, these all contribute to algae in marine systems, do you test for these? could also pos be your bulbs need changed....best to change them every 8-12 months for best results......

More
03 Jun 2009 17:21 #6 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
is this algea bad thing?maybe i can remove my self this brounw algea from rock?is it will be ok?

More
04 Jun 2009 00:46 #7 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Not really, if its a new tank, as i said its usually a sign of high nitrates/phosphates/silicates..... where are you based? call up to the shop and i can expain more!!!

More
04 Jun 2009 15:42 #8 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
i'm from co. cork!my tank runinng 6 weeks!

More
04 Jun 2009 20:57 #9 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
hi, lads
i just was looking some sites in internet and now i'm thinking can it be Cyanobakterien ?

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds