Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Bristle worms

More
06 Nov 2009 16:49 #1 by q547 (Joseph King)
I have a little 60L nano in my bedroom with a bit of live rock, a few softies a bubble tip anemone and a maroon clown. There's a few red-leg hermits and assorted snails in there too and up to recently a little yellow blenny (about 1" long, can't remember the name) and a boxer shrimp.

I went away for a few days last month and returned to be minus the blenny and the shrimp. I figured the blenny had gotten to close to the anemone and ended up as dinner for it (my own fault) but i couldn't figure out what happened the shrimp. My best guess was that maybe he wandered too close to the anemone immediately after a moult..... (any ideas folks?)

I didn't dwell on it. Anyway i fed the anemone a bit of shrimp the other day (frozen stuff, he like it) popped it in and didn't stay to watch. I came back about 10 mins later to see about a dozen bristle worms snaking down on the bit of shrimp i put in. Is it possible that these guys did in my blenny and boxer shrimp? I thought boxers ate bristle worms?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2009 21:56 #2 by newrossman (newrossman)
Blennys are not the best to have with nems, reason is the like to rest on stuff and sometime the stuff eats them!
Brisles get bad press the clean the tank and I never heard of them grabbing fish, the will eat sick and dying fish and crabs and I've seen them attack dying clams coral nems.

Be glad the are cleaning your tank

Reef 55 Gallons

More
08 Nov 2009 22:57 #3 by q547 (Joseph King)
Replied by q547 (Joseph King) on topic Re:Bristle worms
cleaning is one thing and I've no problem with a few of them in there but there's a hell of a lot of them, they come out in the day now if any food goes in there.

More
09 Nov 2009 08:11 #4 by newrossman (newrossman)
Simple answer hawkfish

Reef 55 Gallons

More
09 Nov 2009 08:32 #5 by q547 (Joseph King)
Replied by q547 (Joseph King) on topic Re:Bristle worms
oooh, hawkfish, good plan. I think I'll try that.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds