Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Anemone Splitting?!

More
23 Apr 2010 20:23 #1 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
Hi all i arrived home after a very looooooooooooooong day at work,

went upstairs to feed my fish when to my horror i seen the anemone had gotten itself stuck to the side of the hydor koralla,

it was all shrunken and a bit of it was lodged inside the koralla luckily enough it had withdrawn itself enough so it wasn't damaged

so i turned off the koralla and took it off the side of it, i thought it was dead to be honest cause it was just floating at the top of the water,
but it was perfect yesterday completely spread out and looking stunning

checked my water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and its all perfect, temp perfect

i returned upstairs after having my dinner to find it has now stuck itself to the side of the glass, just under the koralla

which has thinking its a pretty big anemone and i was lookin online there i think it maybe about to split!?

ill post some pics up now and hopefully someone here can tell me some more info on this..

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2010 20:38 #2 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
23 Apr 2010 22:53 #3 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
hi steven
they do tend to split after a shock, i know if you pour cold water in the tank it can induce them to split, but i dont think its the case in your situation, i would say he is just taking time out to recover, i would move the power head away from him though.
paddy

More
25 Apr 2010 18:45 - 25 Apr 2010 18:49 #4 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
quick update its getting on grand it must of just decided it wanted to move home!

back to its big self and eating fine!!

how's your marine tank goin paddy?

Last edit: 25 Apr 2010 18:49 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer).

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds