Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

how many fish can keep?

More
26 May 2010 16:35 - 26 May 2010 18:11 #1 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
hi lads,i have 260L reef tank,i'm keeping 1 blue tang, 1 clark clown, 2 percula clown, 2 tree spot domino damsels, 2 blue damsels, 1fire fish, 1 one spot foxface, yelow wrasse, royal gramma,!
i'm intresting to buy 3 green chrromis!
i need yors opinion guys: 1. is my tank not overload?
2. how many more fish i can add to tank?
Last edit: 26 May 2010 18:11 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys). Reason: More info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2010 16:37 #2 by dar (darren curry)
im no expert on this but im sure yellow tangs need bigger tanks

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

More
26 May 2010 17:37 #3 by dar (darren curry)
on a bit of study, i got to the percula clowns and im going wit overstocked and re-homing needed, the lads might know better. i jumped in the deep end wit fresh water and sorted myself out wit the help of others on forums, i would no way consider marine untill im 100% sure on the water care which over stocking is the arch nemesis of, you have to learn to keep water before you can keep fish, but we're all here to learn lessons and give our two bits. good luck. Darren

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 May 2010 19:11 #4 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:how many fish can keep?
I kept a similar sized marine tank for about a year.

I'd be inclined to say I'd add the Chromis based upon the fact that most of your fish are small species.
I wouldnt add any more after that though.

Personally, I only kept 4 or 5 fish in my 240. I preferred the diversity of inverts.
The blue tang which I assume is a regal tang rather than a powder blue will eventually get too big.

Have you had any fighting between the two clownfish species?

I kept a pair of really big clarks clowns and they were really aggressive. I was bitten hard so many times it looked like I had ringworm up one arm from the bitemarks..

More
26 May 2010 19:21 #5 by dar (darren curry)
ah it's a blue tang now, how do you mix a yellow wit a blue?

More
26 May 2010 21:00 #6 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
sorry about mistake!just was thinking in this moment about yellow tang and did mistake:0 sorry!i wanted to add one yellow tang into tank,but my tank is too small for that fish!

More
26 May 2010 21:04 #7 by giunceris (gintaras barbsys)
my clarc clown is the bigest fish in tank(boss) at first he was fighting with percula clowns,he took them eneome,but now calrk has smaller agresion!
so i can add more 3 green chromis and nothing else?

More
31 May 2010 12:24 #8 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
You may get away with the few Chromis but I would leave it at that after you add them as you are fairly well stocked as is. If you decide on a larger setup and wish to add a Yellow Tang, introduce the Blue and the Yellow Tangs at the same time to avoid potential chaos. Any chance of a few pics?

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds