Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Ieva Star's Tank

More
15 Aug 2010 23:22 #1 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Visited Johney this evening and saw his marine tank - fantastic set-up, 1200 litre flat back hex tank in acrylic. Great tank Johney and thanks for the tea and bickies.

Daragh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2010 23:26 #2 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Have had the pleasure of being asked out there for tea myself and I gotta say, it is one helluva setup. Great stuff Johney.

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

More
15 Aug 2010 23:45 #3 by Ma (mm mm)
Replied by Ma (mm mm) on topic Re:Ieva Star's Tank
Quality, lovely setup, it just makes you want to spend 000s on a marine setup.

Well worth the recording, nice Pics and video, love the clarity of image Darragh, fantastic.

Mark

Location D.11

• Alex (Alex)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Aug 2010 09:19 #4 by Alex (Alex)
Replied by Alex (Alex) on topic Re:Ieva Star's Tank
Great shots and amazing tank!!

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Aug 2010 12:47 #5 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re:Ieva Star's Tank
Lovely stuff John and nice work Daragh, so that's where you were going hmmmm.

Kev.

More
16 Aug 2010 15:20 #6 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
Its about time ya got some photos of your tank up John,:) Lookin well mate, Nice job on the pictures and video Daragh

Gerry

More
16 Aug 2010 17:58 #7 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
It is a beautiful setup I have seen it myself when Johnny gave me the bulbs that are lighting my tank (thanks again) and the pictures are great and the video but no offence darragh it doesnt do it justice. The tank is built into the floor and is huge to get the full value of the tank you'd have to see it for yourself its truely amazing. If I had a tank that size my shovelnose would have more than enough room.

And whats even better than the tank its self is what is behind the scenes the stuff keeping the tank running is probably better than any shop selling marine has.

Great setup and a must see!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
16 Aug 2010 19:57 #8 by Ieva star (Ieva Fogta)
Thanks lads for the great replies and to Daragh Cheers Johney

More
17 Aug 2010 20:05 #9 by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell)
Great pics and a smashing tank lads.

Thanks for sharing.

Pete Maxwell

ITFS Member

More
17 Aug 2010 21:10 #10 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
beautiful setup there man.......im so jealous.......:)

Follow me up to Carlow

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds