Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

new vid of my tank

More
23 Aug 2010 11:29 #1 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
been a while since i put up any pics or anything so i thought i'd share a vid

s788.photobucket.com/albums/yy162/stephe...current=DSCF0174.mp4

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2010 11:31 - 23 Aug 2010 11:32 #2 by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell)
Smashing tank Stephen

Pete Maxwell

ITFS Member

Last edit: 23 Aug 2010 11:32 by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell).

More
23 Aug 2010 11:53 #3 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Good stuff Stephen, that nem has really grown.

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Aug 2010 11:55 #4 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:new vid of my tank
Very nice Stephen, especially like the Anemone with the clowns - what type is it, looks like a malu?

I kept one for a short while but he didn't fare well. My clowns went insane with aggression while it was in the tank.

Lesson learned from that - clownfish bites on your arms look like ringworm scars :blush:

More
24 Aug 2010 07:52 #5 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Savage vid stephen, i'm so jealous, cheers for sharin man..........:)

Follow me up to Carlow

More
25 Aug 2010 10:42 #6 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)

Very nice Stephen, especially like the Anemone with the clowns - what type is it, looks like a malu?

I kept one for a short while but he didn't fare well. My clowns went insane with aggression while it was in the tank.

Lesson learned from that - clownfish bites on your arms look like ringworm scars

yeah its a malu alright it has its days some days its 3/4's the height of the tank others its about 3 inchs high

the clowns only took to it recently as i had a little terror in the shape of a 4 striped humbug who had the two of them hiding behind a heater

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
25 Aug 2010 17:22 #7 by tina.d (Tina Doyle)
hi, just watched your video and all i can say is wow wow wow beautiful.
tina.

More
25 Aug 2010 18:00 #8 by Mick0075 (Michael OSullivan)
That is amazing Stephen,

It looks so well, What is that beautiful soft Coral, it looks like a white tree, I need me one of them !!

Mick

More
26 Aug 2010 09:10 #9 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)

That is amazing Stephen,

It looks so well, What is that beautiful soft Coral, it looks like a white tree, I need me one of them !!

Mick

its called a kenya tree, well thats not its actual name just a common one, but its a nice coral :)

More
26 Aug 2010 11:13 #10 by Ma (mm mm)
Replied by Ma (mm mm) on topic Re:new vid of my tank
Damn you and your lovely setup:) am broke and it kills me to see these lovely tanks and fish corals, would love to have one. Still know nowt about marines though.

Ta for sharing matey. Very nice indeed.

Mark

Location D.11

More
26 Aug 2010 13:04 #11 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
Tank looks great I take it the clowns worked out

More
06 Sep 2010 19:56 #12 by mixer (MICK BRADLEY)
Hey Stephen
Just saw the video and its brill. Hopefully i will be as good as you in a few years,getting my
first fish on Sunday all going well. Will post a picture of my 60 litre nano when i get them, if the mother-in law gives me back my camera and before she scares them to death.
Mick.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds