Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

How do i feed my Anemone???

More
27 Aug 2010 19:33 #1 by Dub (Glen Coughlan)
Help wanted i have my Marine tank up and running 3 days now and my anemone seens to be lifeless.....
Cheers Glen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2010 19:44 #2 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re:How do i feed my Anemone???
Anemones can take a while to settle due to looking for a suitable place to reside, they are mobile and will look for a spot where the amount of light and Water flow is just right, if your perams are right it will sort itself out.

Kev.

More
27 Aug 2010 20:23 #3 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
What Kev just said is spot on. However, if your params are not up to scratch or your lighting is too low/much then it could be in trouble. What type of nem is it and has it roamed at all? I ask because a sick or soon to be dead nem means trouble for your tank if not immediately removed after death.

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

More
27 Aug 2010 22:09 #4 by Dub (Glen Coughlan)
Top lads...........Cheers for the reply..........He has come back to life moving around.......
Cheers lads

More
27 Aug 2010 22:15 #5 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Ok, good to hear. Keep a close eye on it bro. These are generally only introduced to tanks that are up and running months as opposed to days. They can be very sensitive to changes in params so be on the ball. Im assuming this tank was setup using cured live rock and live sand? If not, your gonna be busy...

Jay

Life

More
27 Aug 2010 22:30 #6 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Oh, and to answer the question you asked in the title. There are certain supplements you can add to you setup that an anemone will feed on. Marine Snow comes to mind but you can also feed them bigger food like lancefish and other frozen preparations. Just thaw them out and place them gently on the tentacles of the nem (being carefull not to touch it) and it will draw it in towards its mouth. Simple as. Be carfull what fish you introduce to a setup with an anemone as they will prey upon certain fish. Best of luck,

Jay

Life

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds