Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

my new upgrade yum yum yum

More
15 Oct 2010 17:58 #1 by siocla (Siobhan Cleare)
Just upgraded to 600 litre now I am looking for lots of nice things to fill it....hmmmmm
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2010 18:27 - 15 Oct 2010 18:59 #2 by siocla (Siobhan Cleare)
trying to upload photo....
Last edit: 15 Oct 2010 18:59 by siocla (Siobhan Cleare). Reason: video

More
15 Oct 2010 19:05 #3 by R.J.66 (R.J.)
i wonder if i'll be able to have this kind of tank one day:( very nice and the water is super clearB)

More
15 Oct 2010 19:11 #4 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Thats one helluva setup you have there bro. Great stuff ;) .

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

More
15 Oct 2010 19:48 #5 by andrewo (andrew)
very nice indeed!:)

More
16 Oct 2010 03:52 #6 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Whats your current stock and wahts on the wishlist?

Jay

Life

• Alex (Alex)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Oct 2010 07:48 #7 by Alex (Alex)
Replied by Alex (Alex) on topic Re:my new upgrade yum yum yum
Very very nice setup!! hope to see lots of updates:) !

More
16 Oct 2010 07:52 #8 by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell)
Beautiful setup Siocla

Pete Maxwell

ITFS Member

More
17 Oct 2010 11:57 #9 by siocla (Siobhan Cleare)
Thanks all, I am really enjoynig it so far, dont know yet what to jazz it up , definitely a few hardy corals so any suggestions are greatly appreciated?? will keep you posted on any added extras and how they fare as its all a learning curve and easier to learn from other peoples experiences. I had a real problem with bryopsis algae in my last set up so Im hoping to avoid that this time round...reckon I had too much nutrients in the water so I am looking for a deltec mc500 skimmer and hopefully that might help keep it at bay this time round...:dry:

More
17 Oct 2010 12:05 - 17 Oct 2010 12:09 #10 by siocla (Siobhan Cleare)
I currently have a yellow tang, regal tang, male and female ocellaris,six line wrasse, spotted mandarin, scooter dragonet, a few hermits, tube worm, a condylactis( amazingly the ocellaris love it),a flame lobster, a cleaner shrimp...my banded coral shrimp didnt survive the move, two brittle stars,favia,trachyphyllia and the usual zoas and snails.... so definitely have room for a few more as its looking a wee bit bare at the moment...
The reason for half the cast of nemo is my 5 year old son!
Last edit: 17 Oct 2010 12:09 by siocla (Siobhan Cleare). Reason: extra

More
17 Oct 2010 12:13 #11 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Brilliant. Fantastic list and the leaves you with loads of room for all sorts of inhabitants. Had planned something similar myself for my big tank but simply dont have the time to maintain a reef so went FOWLR. Will be keeping an eye on this thread...

Jay

Life

More
17 Oct 2010 12:16 #12 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
A 600 litre marine tank is a beautiful site and its a project in progress. Keep us posted man. Love the tank.

Mick.......:)

Follow me up to Carlow

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds