Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Easylife FFM as de-chlorinator

More
21 Jul 2011 07:28 #1 by Luap (Paul O'Connell)
Hi,
I started using Easy-Life fluid filter medium recently. Should I use a separate de-chlorinator also? The reason I ask is that the Easylife website states;

"Easy-Life will need some time to absorb chlorine(compounds). At concentrations of more than 4 ppm Cl : wait about 8 hours to give the product the chance to absorb these particular contaminants."

Is it safe for me to add the product to my replacement water when doing a water change and then add this treated water to the tank straight away?

Tks,
Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2011 09:02 #2 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
I would use a dedicated dechlorinator as it eliminates chlorine straight away. What amount of water are we talkin about?

Follow me up to Carlow

More
21 Jul 2011 10:45 #3 by Luap (Paul O'Connell)
mickdeja, I'm doing about a 30% water change once a week. The tank is 190 litre so about 60 litres. Would you advise using my other dechlorinator (Stress Coat) along with the Easylife. I want to use the Easylife for it's other benefits, ie keepiny water clear and as a tonic etc etc. Would it be ok to use both?

More
22 Jul 2011 04:40 #4 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
i keep 25 tanks running and only use easylife as a water treatment along with some polyfilter, and its not left me down yet, i really dont think you need the seperate dechlorinator (especially if you put the water you'll be using for the water change in an airated bucket with heater over night and treat it with easylife, it will be near perfect then for when you do your water change and at the correct tempreature as well) but when i've been in a rush and just plonked the hose in the tank easylife has worked perfectly as well

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
22 Jul 2011 10:01 #5 by Zoom (Zoom)
I too only use Easy life as the only water treatment and have never had problems.

More
24 Aug 2011 14:45 #6 by bigredhead (bigredhead)
I also use it on its own in a 700ltr tank changing 250ltr at a time. as far as i know it goes cloudy because of tiny ground up zeolite that polishes the water. only thing you need to watch is when using with med's - i find it has a bad reaction because the easylife tries to eliminate it. :crazy: so use a dechlorinating only product when using med's

More
27 Aug 2011 13:04 #7 by Luap (Paul O'Connell)
From the Easylife website (www.easylife.nl).......

PRODUCT SIZES
Available product size Easy-Life fluid filter medium :
250 ml bottle
500 ml bottle
5 L can

I know Seahorse had the 500 ml bottles during the week when I was in there.

Rgds,
Luap

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds