Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
24 Jan 2012 01:05 #1 by Godzila (Robertas)
Hey guys.Bought a 3x2x2 tank about 2 months ago.i put live rock in 6 weeks ago and last week got a light unit metal helight 2x150w and two blue moons.last week went in to the shop to check my water it was all good and i got a good news from the sales man that i can put my first fish in.i bought 6line wrasse and a royal gramma.6line wrasse is perfect all good with her.royal gramma went miising for 3 days sales man told me its normal they do hide but 3 days later she came out from the rocks and 2 hours later died.i tought its just stress or something.2day i bought a pair of Cardinal fish i put them in it was all good swiming all day and one of them is upside down now dieing as well.what could it be?today b4 i bought the fish i done a tests my self and the man in the shop done them as well and said its all good two put more in.can it be because of the light too strong or too close to the tank?or is it normal that they dieing at the very begining?thanks for your answers guys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2012 01:08 #2 by Godzila (Robertas)
oh and by the way i only have one power pump at the moment and its only 2800l/h but the sales man said power pumps are not so important for the fish

More
24 Jan 2012 17:15 #3 by Godzila (Robertas)
went to Seahorse today.yo man done all the water test water is perfect.got 2 black clown fish ill se what happens now.

More
25 Jan 2012 11:48 #4 by damien71 (Damien cotter)
it might be your 6line wrasse is killing them keep a eye on him

More
04 Feb 2012 20:11 #5 by iknowkungfu (chris)
Its the 6 line wrasse should have been put last in the tank also I feel the tank is too small for any wrasse they swim alot and need room get him out or will lose more money in the long run if you keep him in their. I had a dottyback he cost me 250e in live stock got him out by :crazy: the coke bottle trick but it took hours .

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds