Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Apps you use.

More
24 Aug 2016 00:54 #1 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone uses apps for keeping track of water parameters?

I found one on the Google play store called Ez reef and looks pretty good.

It keeps track of all main water parameter amd graphs them to help you keep track.

Also let's you list equipment, say when you done water changes, changed the filters on an Ro system and let's you share pics of your tank. They do have a site as well to looked others setups but I haven't looked at it yet.

This would also help if you start running into issues as you could just link it and everyone could see parameters and equipment to help problem solve.

Does anyone use anything similar?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2016 21:40 #2 by robert (robert carter)
Not being very computor litterate i just have three notebooks one for the tropical tank ,one for coldwater and one for the pond , also stick stickers on the external filters with the date they were cleaned . I know its not very tech but it works and the system will never crash

More
29 Aug 2016 03:38 #3 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Guessing noone else does either Robert. I just seen it and since I always have my phone on me and can never find a pen in my house I started to use it.its good as its letting me see graphs so I can compare my nitrate and phosphates on the same graph so I know how well Dosing is going.

Other than that it'll be whether it alarms at me for changing carbon and particle filters in my ro filters will be the real deal breaker for me and that won't be for another while.

More
07 Sep 2016 09:19 #4 by Mc Paul (Paul)
Replied by Mc Paul (Paul) on topic Apps you use.
I'm using the aquacalculator
But not recommend for an Android . Only for Apple or Windows versions.
They have free trial windows version , the only limit its a functional. But for tests and notes it is good.
I have full version of Windows and Android aquacalculator.
If you using balling from Fauna Marin you can get free voucher for full version.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds