Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Oodinex....

• Vincent (Vincent)
  • Vincent (Vincent)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Oct 2007 16:30 #1 by Vincent (Vincent)
Oodinex.... was created by Vincent (Vincent)
Ive just treated my tank with this....

about 10 days ago,,I noticed that the tank wasnt looking very healthy....nothing I could pinpoint,,,just a general feeling,,,( think it was PaulM I told about this,,,)tested the water and at the time it all seemed fine...
Out I went to LFS with water sample,,,to make sure I am doing the testing correctly,,,and yes he was right,as he told me over the phone,,,phosphates were high...:blush:
So I buy 2 products,,one to treat the phosphates,,,the other being Oodinex,,,Ive heard a lot about this so decided Id give it a go,,,
Previous treatment was lower saline level and up the temp,,,worked for a while, but as others have told me,,all i was doing was quickening the life cycle.
Id see after a day or two,,when I turned lites on in tank,,the whitespot back on them,,

So the tank has now been treated for both these problems,,,
Mushrooms etc are open better than before,,,

But,,, while it is early days !!!....the whitespot has disappeared,,,the fish are back to full health ,,,
As I said,,it is early days,,,its a 3 day course,,,but there is NO sign of it in the tank on the fish at the moment..
I wont swear this product has definitely worked,,,give it time,,I will keep u all informed..
Ive mates in the UK,,one guy is big into ponds fish etc,,koi / tropicals / marines etc,,,
Spoke to him today about this oodinex, and he reckons its amazing,,hes used hit himself in different tanks,,,has heard of others whove used it,,,and all the same results,,,its rid the tank of whitespot..
It is supposedly safe to use with inverts etc,,,IF used according to the manufacturers instructions,,,

I just thought Id let you all know Ive used it,,what the current results appear to be,,and will as i said keep u all informed.
True, someone mite think that the lowering of the phosphates has done this,or helped,,,maybe,,,
but I will be keeping a bottle of this from now on,,,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• paulm (paulm)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Oct 2007 22:34 #2 by paulm (paulm)
Replied by paulm (paulm) on topic Re:Oodinex....
Thanks for that input Vin hope all goes well keep us informed. its a very interesting subject .

Paul

• Vincent (Vincent)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2007 09:27 #3 by Vincent (Vincent)
Replied by Vincent (Vincent) on topic Re:Oodinex....
Since last posting Ive put in a flameback angel and a striped dottyback,,,,

still no sign of the whitespot coming back,,,

Its now about 2 weeks since I treated the tank with the Oodinex,,,,no deaths, or other adverse affects,,,,

Im still a newbie and wont profess to have even a tiny percentage of the knowledge that others in here have,,,but it does look good,,Id deffo advocate using this stuff,,,

Chris M Paul and Anto have seen the tank...I'll let them have their say on whether they think the oodinex has had any adverse affects ,,,maybe they saw something I didnt,,,,,,,,,

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2007 13:42 #4 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re:Oodinex....
Well I must say Vinney,your tank looked prety god damn awfully nice!!I was very impressed by it.Its like a different hobby to freshwater fishkeeping,Marines that is.There is so many interesting things going on....cant wait till I set mine up!!

• paulm (paulm)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Oct 2007 19:30 #5 by paulm (paulm)
Replied by paulm (paulm) on topic Re:Oodinex....
I was very impressed with your set up Vincent. You are putting a lot of energy and thought into your hobby and it shows. From the interest you show proves your commitment to the reef and I do hope all stays as good as it is now , however if you come across any problems Your one guy that will get to the bottom of it and get it resolved . Congrats on a excelent set up.

Kind regards Paul

More
27 Oct 2007 19:41 #6 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Replied by Sean (Fr. Jack) on topic Re:Oodinex....
Does any one know whats it made from, i.e raw ingredients:unsure:

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

• Vincent (Vincent)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Oct 2007 21:09 #7 by Vincent (Vincent)
Had a look at bok and leaflet,,,surprisingly theres no detail of what it contains,,,,,,seems to be of german origin,,i thought the EU had regs making it compulsory to list whats in stuff like this,,,,,

It seems to cover a whole list of diseases and conditions,,,not just white spot,,,,

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Oct 2007 15:44 #8 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re:Oodinex....
Where did you get the oodinex, none of the lfs's I've been to have it?!!

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Oct 2007 23:22 #9 by Anthony (Anthony)
Replied by Anthony (Anthony) on topic Re:Oodinex....
Aquarium Solutions in Ashbourne are the only ones that I know
that sell it.

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Oct 2007 11:30 #10 by Didihno (Didihno)
Cheers Anto,
I've lost two Occelatus Clowns to white spot now.
Gutted.

The corals and inverts are all doing great, you should see the bloom on my mushrooms, stunning purple.

• Vincent (Vincent)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Oct 2007 16:54 #11 by Vincent (Vincent)
I was told by andy if i was using this to make sure i followed the instructions to the letter,,,,not a drop more,,,not a drop less....

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Oct 2007 21:21 #12 by Anthony (Anthony)
What is your salt level at and what Hydrometer are you using.

• Vincent (Vincent)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Oct 2007 11:33 #13 by Vincent (Vincent)
Instant ocean,,,,,1.024

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Nov 2007 10:49 #14 by Anthony (Anthony)
Not you, you big ninny. I was talking (typing)to Didhino.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Nov 2007 13:38 #15 by Didihno (Didihno)
Anthony wrote:

Not you, you big ninny. I was talking (typing)to Didhino.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ha!
The very same as Vincent by a strange coincidence!
Though my salt was at 1.026 when I got the tank (evaporation?), I have brought it down to 1.024.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds