Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

strange looking clown fish

More
09 Nov 2009 18:18 #1 by evanm1978 (Evan Mc Loughlin)
Just wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with clownfish looking like the vid below

they have started getting all black spots, you will get a good look about 15 seconds in to the video

have them about six months and I have a bubble tip anemone but they have never hosted in it, in fact never seen them host anything.

they are common tank bred clowns.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2009 19:30 #2 by seanmchugh (Sean Mc Hugh)
looks a little strange to me. could be it some sort of parasite.

More
09 Nov 2009 22:57 #3 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
cant see very well but it looks like black spot. i had a clown that had this , he never looked as sick as yours. try a fresh water bath. but the parasite will remain in the tank. none of my other fish suffered from it.

• Aquatic_Innovations (Aquatic_Innovations)
  • Aquatic_Innovations (Aquatic_Innovations)'s Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Feb 2010 18:55 #4 by Aquatic_Innovations (Aquatic_Innovations)
Replied by Aquatic_Innovations (Aquatic_Innovations) on topic Re:strange looking clown fish
Hey Evan

How the clowns looking ??

Been keeping off the sites for the past while. Fish fish fish on the brain !!!!

Just to let ya know the black spots on the clowns is normal, it is a hormonal imbalance. While i was conditioning my Juvenal clowns for brood stock the females or soon to be would so these spots.As they were to be future mums and dads of clown's i wanted them to be perfect... so started to do my homework of course there was not alot of info on "The Spots" that are on the clowns. So then i started on there feed was there something missing in there diet ......... nope this was not the case either.

So to keep it short, i kept conditioning them and 6 months later the spots were gone there was little nemo's and all was good.

Then this Christmas i was away in Thailand and seen a colony of 20+ common clowns on the reef and 5+ had these spots..... it was good to see it in the wild and also to see it run its course in the brood stock.

Anyway just some info.

James.B)

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds