Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

QUATION ABOUT TANK COLOR???

More
28 Apr 2012 23:01 #1 by Godzila (Robertas)
Hey guys.

I have a 3x2x2 clear seal tank all good everything runing.tanks background is blue.overflow blue as well.saw few tanks in the shop and in few friends places they all have black and it looks much better.is there anyway to change the color of tanks background or its not changable?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Apr 2012 06:20 #2 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re: QUATION ABOUT TANK COLOR???
If it is the one with the wooden stand and hood ! You might be able to soften the adhesive using a heat gun or hairdryer.

Kev.

More
29 Apr 2012 14:48 #3 by ghart (Greg Hart)
Godzila,

I have 5 foot Clearseal tank which came with a black background and I plan to change it shortly.
I checked on my tank and the black background is not painted on but is a plastic attached background.
I tried a corner of it an it will peal away easily leaving no marks.

Try doing this on the back of your Clearseal tank as it may not be painted background.

Best of luck.

Greg

More
29 Apr 2012 14:55 #4 by Godzila (Robertas)
I know the back you can peal of but the over flow is blue as well and i think the plastic itself is blue not i dont think it would look good if the back is black and overflow blue????what you think?thanks anyway boys!!!

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds