Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Correct time scale fot T5 Replacments

More
29 Mar 2013 21:28 #1 by iknowkungfu (chris)
Hi all
What is the correct time scale for changing my t5 blue and white, they have been running in my tank since the 24th August 2012.

I have some LPS and soft corals etc.

Thanks in advance

c. :blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2013 00:54 #2 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
they recommend you change bulbs every six months for maximum effectiveness

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
30 Mar 2013 11:16 #3 by iknowkungfu (chris)
tx thought lights were getting abit dull

More
30 Mar 2013 15:43 #4 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
So was that the question that drives you ;)

More
30 Mar 2013 21:55 #5 by iknowkungfu (chris)
yes and no replacing t5,s every 6 months... is this abit OTT! when you could squeeze a little more out of them as we all appreciate running a reef tank is a little expensive even in these hard times just look on done deal and since I went mad a few years back spending tons to build it I would like to save a few euros when I can. The manufacture says every 6 months but some sites tell you between 6 to 12 months. The :blink: only thing I have noticed is the light isnt as bright as first I put them in but I know bright lights do not mean they are feeding the corals.

tx .

More
31 Mar 2013 01:26 #6 by christyg (Chris Geraghty)
If the manufacturer recommends you change bulbs every 6 months you should be ok for about 9. It's in their interest the more you buy extras, the more money they make. In the long run you might look at led's, they're a lot cheaper than bulbs

More
31 Mar 2013 13:09 #7 by iknowkungfu (chris)
have been looking at led's but alot you have to run them with t5, and if I go for leds would just like to run them no more blubs. I know one brand think it razor but they are around 500 mark a little out of my budget, do you run any and what would you rec. that are reasonable priced and are ok on their own without t5.

tx

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds