Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Vectron V2 120 Nano UV Sterilizer

More
12 Oct 2013 17:18 - 12 Oct 2013 18:15 #1 by Bohrio (Alex Rodriguez)
Hey guys, its me again with another question.

Ok, I think I have finally finished with my nano. No more fish, no more corals, no more upgrades or goodies (except maybe LED lighting for xmas). So I have just added a UV sterilizer. However, I want to check with you guys to make sure I have done it correctly.

This is how I have it set up at the moment

The sterilizer fits perfectly inside the cabinet. I followed the manufacturer's instructions and placed it away from the sump.

The max water flow is 380 lph so I bought a Eheim 600 pump (150-600 lph) and set the water flow half way between the - and the + signs.

I have placed the pump right under the skimmer, it is pumping water up to the sterilizer (around 0.6 m up) and the water is coming down into the return section of the sump (through a spray bar).

I am using a spray bar as I thought it will be safer in case the return tube decides to pop out of the sump.

It has only been there for a few hours but I think it already had an affect in water clarity which I wasnt expecting to see as my water was crystal clear anyway... maybe it is just me.

so my question is

Have I placed the pump in the right place? Should I move it to the return pump section of the sump?

Also, should I run the sterilizer on a timer (lets say for x amount of hours?)

Or should I just turn it off and use it when needed?

So that's it, any suggestions?

What do you recon?

After finishing with all this upgrades now it is time to start tidyng up inside the aquarium, corals are growing up too quickly! I need a bigger aquarium!!!! :S
Last edit: 12 Oct 2013 18:15 by Bohrio (Alex Rodriguez).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds