Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Need help to figure out whats wrong with RO filter

More
05 Jun 2014 18:28 #1 by iknowkungfu (chris)
:( Hi all I have a tmc v pure 50 ro unit for the past 2 years was working great only gave 2ppm output which was great for my marine. always replaced the two white and carbon filters every six months to keep the membrane good. Last jan i decided to change the membrane from my local plumbing store, fitted it flushed it out and was working ok , but i noticed the flow out of the pure tap higher then what my old membrane was giving me. i thought new filters thus cleaner water.
Over the last few months I noticed a small bit of cyno in the tank thought maybe over feeding or not enough water changes when one day i decided to test my ppm out of the pure tap when the reading was 40ppm and my mains was only 120ppm. Question is do you have to get a specific membrane to that unit or any membrane will do, I have a feeling I wasted 45euros on the wrong rated membrane and I changed the sediment filter from 5 micons to 1 micron.
My old membrane is gone now how do i find out what this unit takes before i waste any more money it seems the sediment and carbon is just cleaning the water not the membrane, also I inserted the membrane correctly. I have been flushing the membrane every day but same 40ppm output. Any help would do am i correct thinking i bought the wrong rated membrane and maybe sediment filter?? The unit is a TMC vpure 50, when i ran the unit with the old filters it was slow but gave me near perfect water at only 40psi .thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2014 18:43 - 05 Jun 2014 18:45 #2 by JohnH (John)
My suggestion would be to contact John at Western Green (in sponsor's list - go to Index tab and scroll down to Western Green). He is a most helpful man and has helped me out more than a few times.
John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2014 18:45 by JohnH (John). Reason: ? Endless Green???

More
06 Jun 2014 10:16 #3 by iknowkungfu (chris)
sorted my membrane was faulty and a crap brand ,,sold locally by a plumbing merchant not too impressed will go back to them thanks for contact

More
06 Jun 2014 10:26 #4 by JohnH (John)
That's good - and at €45 it wasn't exactly cheap!
I think you're right to go back and demand a refund for an obviously faulty membrane.
Glad you're sorted now.

Johnh

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds