Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

E5,s

More
27 Mar 2016 22:03 #1 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
E5,s was created by jeff (Jeff Scully)

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2016 12:50 #2 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Replied by jeff (Jeff Scully) on topic E5,s
These are the future for sure I'm getting 6 of them and running them in my ATI sunpower dimable unit
No more bulb changes for 8yrs

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

More
28 Mar 2016 13:45 #3 by carlowchris (chris)
Replied by carlowchris (chris) on topic E5,s
There definitely going to have an impact on people choosing leds over t5's..

More
30 Mar 2016 22:43 #4 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Sure will bud and a hell of a lot cheaper this way and what I'm seeing about the power from the E5 being very close to t5 it seems a no brainer

More
30 Mar 2016 23:27 #5 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Replied by Sukahn (Shane Doorley) on topic E5,s
I was looking at these last week, they actually look great and give excellent coloration in a tank. Think this is the way forward :)

More
31 Mar 2016 09:40 #6 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic E5,s
Are these a direct replacement for t5s using the same fittings , do they run cooler than t5s and what do they cost . I recently purchased a lamp unit with 4x 39 watt t5s in it ,but had to modified the lid because of the amount of heat they give off

More
31 Mar 2016 12:39 #7 by jeff (Jeff Scully)

Are these a direct replacement for t5s using the same fittings , do they run cooler than t5s and what do they cost . I recently purchased a lamp unit with 4x 39 watt t5s in it ,but had to modified the lid because of the amount of heat they give off

Yes no modifications needed just put them straight in
They will run cooler, the t5 heat is absolutely crazy and can be a pain over heating the water If their to close to it
I'm still waiting for an actual Irish price, but if I remember correctly they will be around 3-4 times the price of a t5, sounds like their expensive bit not when you add up 8yrs of t5's
Also waiting to hear when we should see them over here they said the demand for them is crazy and their working on getting more ready

Soon as I hear more about price and time I'll post it here straight away
Or if anyone else has more info please spill!!

More
31 Mar 2016 12:40 #8 by jeff (Jeff Scully)

I was looking at these last week, they actually look great and give excellent coloration in a tank. Think this is the way forward :)

Make the corals look amazing especially the blue pop

More
31 Mar 2016 16:19 #9 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic E5,s
Just had a look on google marine tubes 3ft 69 us dollars and 4 ft 79 dollars , a tropical will soon also be available. So approx 3 times the cost of a t5 good value if they are as good as they say and that they do in fact last 8 years

More
31 Mar 2016 22:50 #10 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Replied by Sukahn (Shane Doorley) on topic E5,s
I really taught the blues look fantastic on it, plus the camera wasn't even setup to see it properly so i say it looks even more amazing in real life.

More
05 Apr 2016 20:47 #11 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
It's a fair price for the life expectancy and yes I really would like to see them in really life don't think any camera can work properly with strong blue, I know when my blues are on ones camera in my house can get a good pic
The biggest pain about these is waiting for them and not knowing when we can get them grrrr

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds