Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

t 5 tube

More
15 Apr 2016 14:10 #1 by robert (robert carter)
I have a 54 watt t5 actinic tube free to anyone ,would have to be collected . I think this is a marine tube so have replaced it in my new light unit . no good to me, and it seems a pity to through it away if someone can make use of it, after all its brand new . robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2016 22:03 #2 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic t 5 tube
If no one is interested in this it's going in the bin at the weekend , it's a pity it's brand new and I believe they cost around 25 euro

More
20 Apr 2016 22:41 - 20 Apr 2016 22:41 #3 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Replied by irish-zx10r (James feenan) on topic t 5 tube
what length is the t5 tube ?

Something fishie going on here
Last edit: 20 Apr 2016 22:41 by irish-zx10r (James feenan).

More
21 Apr 2016 08:01 #4 by robert (robert carter)
hi its 54 watts and fits into a 120 cm unit . tube length is 1150 mm it came with the light unit I purchase for the new cold water tank so I had to change it for another tube of the correct spectrum for cold water my understanding is that it is a blue marine tube .robert

More
21 Apr 2016 09:14 #5 by gunnered72 (Eddy Gunnered)
Replied by gunnered72 (Eddy Gunnered) on topic t 5 tube
Dont throw it in the bin Robert. (if ya dont sell it)....Recycle it...Fish stores take them back for recycling purposes....

This is just me being an Enviromentallly Friendly head LOL...

More
21 Apr 2016 09:24 #6 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

hi its 54 watts and fits into a 120 cm unit . tube length is 1150 mm it came with the light unit I purchase for the new cold water tank so I had to change it for another tube of the correct spectrum for cold water my understanding is that it is a blue marine tube .robert

I let you know later I think it's same length as mine in the Arcadia classic marine light unit.

More
21 Apr 2016 11:22 #7 by robert (robert carter)
gunnered ,I am not looking to sell it I want to give it away to someone that will make use of it

More
21 Apr 2016 12:48 #8 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
Replied by Jonlate (Jon Late) on topic t 5 tube
Suggest to john to enter it as a prize for next month!!

More
21 Apr 2016 13:52 #9 by robert (robert carter)
I can do that ,but not great as a prize if no one wants it .

More
21 Apr 2016 20:10 #10 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Just checked the bulb I am after is 1143 mm 45 inch t5 and it's my marine blue that's gone. I think John might be heading to Dublin soon so maybe we could arrange something

More
21 Apr 2016 20:47 #11 by robert (robert carter)
Consider it yours

More
21 Apr 2016 23:49 #12 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Replied by Sukahn (Shane Doorley) on topic t 5 tube
If not robert ill take it if i can arrange a pick up for it.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds